Aroma installer for MIUI

King_Rat

Members
Jan 23, 2012
Just my opinion ^^

I think MIUI for non MIUI ph's should have at least an aroma installer option [discuss]

One reason I'm staying away from MIUI, is all their own bloatware within the Rom...

I'm running GT-i9100 & have used all MIUI variants from GB MIUI which had no MIUI bloatware, to now - the JB build which is full of MIUI bloatware...

For those of us on non MIUI devices, I don't see any real benefit to having all of the bloatware + it's tricky to remove it when compared to even a stock sammy rom...

Could non MIUI devices have the option to not install MIUI bloatware i.e. via Aroma installer?

-=or=- could ports have it removed?? [this would not likely be allowed]

MIUIAndroid.com will not include aromainstaller.
MIUIAndroid.com wants to keep the ROMS simple and clean.
We only add small modifications and hacks.

Removing system apps you call bloat are usefull for others.
It's a user preference.

You can make a flashable zip with aroma installer to select apps to remove.
Or remove apps + data with root-explorer.

Also what bloat apps? MIUI for S2 is based on stock Samsung so it has some Samsung apps like in original firmware. It's not MIUI apps.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7

Reactions: dbhuis
Also what bloat apps? MIUI for S2 is based on stock Samsung so it has some Samsung apps like in original firmware. It's not MIUI apps.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7

I'll install latest & let you know - can't remember off the top of my head... but they're there aight!!

MIUIAndroid.com will not include aromainstaller.
MIUIAndroid.com wants to keep the ROMS simple and clean.
We only add small modifications and hacks.

Removing system apps you call bloat are usefull for others.
It's a user preference.

You can make a flashable zip with aroma installer to select apps to remove.
Or remove apps + data with root-explorer.

Already do as such with any rom I install - but a couple of versions ago I renamed one app (seemed harmless enough) can't remember which one exactly (I'll do again w/ latest and see what happens) & ph was stuck on boot logo

Are these the apps you consider bloatware??

6asadeha.jpg

mebu8yqa.jpg

Every one of these is an adequate replacement for a play store app. The call blocker is especially awesome.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

I cant believe that someone could call those apps bloatware. Those are MIUI system apps and can't be touched.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7

To put an end to all the conjecture :narb:

Here are the apps I can do w/o when running MIUI

*XiaomiServiceFramework [???]
*Updater [No need... be gone in a few days]
*Transfer
*PaymentService [MiCredits?? No 10x]
*Notes [Evernote 10x]
*MIUIStats [Alarm!! Alarm!!] :chortle:
*Exchange2 [If you want to lose 30-40 mb of RAM - sure! Heard of forwarding to GMail!?]
*Email [ditto above]
*CloudService [MiCloud?? No 10x]
*BugReport [I eat bugs for breakfast!] :lol:

I have renamed all with the ext. .bak

So far no adverse affects ;-P

Q: Backup & BackupRestoreConfirmation belong to MIUI or Google?? I'll make a nandroid & remove I guess.

Update: Renamed both of above freed up 16 Mb of RAM - theme.apk also renamed freed up 9+mb of RAM

Misc:

MIUI doesn't like Adfree (not sure why it works on 4.3 PAC - which I was using day before)

Ad Blocker Plus didn't take either!?

AdAway installs & updates ok - will see how successful it is at actually blocking ads.

PS - Latest build is very solid - still a little lag in main settings menu... 4 Stars ****

Last edited:
Your actions are completely without sense. But ok if this makes you happy. Renaming apk just to make it dissappear? Non sense. This won't give you more ram or more speed. Also you will have to do it every update. Pointless.

Your actions are completely without sense. But ok if this makes you happy. Renaming apk just to make it dissappear? Non sense. This won't give you more ram or more speed. Also you will have to do it every update. Pointless.

Pardon my language ^^ but BS!

I'm getting 500+mb of free RAM now after removing (what I call) non-essential apps...

I don't do the update thing - I usually change roms every week or so...

@ _jordan_ good for you - but on my SGS-II - fresh install no mods, Adfree didn't work here

I am enjoying rom...

You could even call me a miui advocate...

I've used miui on & off since gb versions...

Only issue with this rom (apart from apps I consider superfluous - nb, this applies to any rom I flash)... The battery life blows! UV is set to -25 too!?

PAC 4.3 battery life was 25% better :imho:

Time for something else... perhaps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk