Australia Singtel Optus showing as Amaysim instead of Virgin Mobile

Magentium

Members
Feb 15, 2012
Hey Everyone!!

Had this issue since the first day i flashed MIUIAndroid rom onto my MI2. The Network shows as Amaysim, which is part of Singtel Optus, but my network is Virgin Mobile (also part of Singtel)

While it is not a HUGE issue, i do want it to show the correct network as Amaysim for some reason has crap reception around here while other optus networks are fine. I Flashed the en.miui.com image today when my phone's system 1 AND system 2 wouldn't boot, and it loaded up showing Virgin Mobile. Is this is an easy fix? To specify which network on the Optus Singtel network to connect to ?

If anyone has any more info, please let me know!!!

Magentium & twig

If it's only a question related to your carrier display name you can change with and mod avaliable in this forum (Search it please). If it's a wrong carrier you can try to manually select following:

Settings Menu > Mobile networks > Network operators > Disable Choose automatcally > Next > OK and try choosing.

Please share your results.:)

Nope not an option, I only see:
- Amayson (Singtel Optus Ltd)
- vodafone AU (VOdafone Australia)
- Telstra Mobile (Telstra Corp. Ltd.)

Nope not an option, I only see:
- Amayson (Singtel Optus Ltd)
- vodafone AU (VOdafone Australia)
- Telstra Mobile (Telstra Corp. Ltd.)

twig

Maybe it's a radio baseband issue. Search in this forum for the thread and try other combination of baseband to see if changes anything.

Reactions: satrioogep
Yeah the baseband radio works fine, calls and data have no issues.

Thanks, I'll look into that renaming functionality!