Avoid Bootloop MI 8 at least

lLukDreams

Members
Mar 22, 2016
I see a lot of comments under the ROM release from people who "bricked" their phone.
So i want you to explain the one step which is important to avoid all of this.
If you flash the .eu rom for the first time please follow these steps:
  1. First you flash TWRP (search for it, i dont have a link right now).
  2. Second you start twrp and wipe data/cache normally. After that in the same section you can Format Data, wich is very important.
  3. After that you restart twrp, with the aim to reload your internal storage. Once restarted tw recovery you transfer the new ROM and install it.
that should do the work. if you still have problems repeat the steps.

Last edited:
Hi,

I followed your steps and installed the EU rom. Everything went well and it asked me to reboot. Now I'm stuck on the Mi logo and can't seem to load TWRP in fastboot mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

can you turn off your phone? i mean if you still can start fastboot

edit: which version of the rom, you tried to flash? and which version of twrp?

Yes I can still use fastboot and turn off my phone. I used

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.7.12_v10-8.1
TWRP Dipper

Thanks for the reply btw!

twrp dipper is obvious but the version of it, i mean 3.2.2 oder .3.2.1?
anyway i had same problem with the new version, flash the different version and go with the early one. as next:
fastboot boot twrp.img
and tell me what exactly happens

Ok so I downloaded 3.2.1 and I could install and load it. I did a factory reset, but again it's stuck on the Mi screen. I hope you can help me because I'm clueless right now :oops:

Ok so I downloaded 3.2.1 and I could install and load it. I did a factory reset, but again it's stuck on the Mi screen. I hope you can help me because I'm clueless right now :oops:
did you format data? this point is very important, btw, try to flash an early version instead of the new one.
Again, format data is the important step in this point.

I did the wipe and format data yes, but now I get "No OS installed" Can I get the ROM on there without USB-OTG again?

It works again! I can't thank you guys enough! For a moment I thought I bricked it :eek:

I lost TWRP after install EU-rom.
1 flash TWRP 3.2.2-0703-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150 (you have a same version ?)

In TWRP:
1: WIPE-> advanced WIPE bouton->CHeck DAta / check CAche and swipe to wipe.
2: BAck to home
3:WIpe-> bouton format data->Type yes
4: BAck to home
5: REBOOT bouton-> Recovery bouton.
6: TWRP restart.
----
I push 2 files in USB key.
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.7.12_v10-8.1.zip
Magisk-v16.6.zip
--
I mount USB-OTG
Install bouton-> select file XIAOMI.eu_multi... + add more zip bouton -> MAgisk-v16
swipe to confirm flash
afterinstall i click on reboot system

.... ans after MI10 setup finish i have lost a recovery (the menu restart in recovery dont work and a bouton power + Sound + not work

Where is my error ??

I have Flashed with TRWP-3.2.1-0611 with flashify .... and i have lost MIUI :eek:
After re-flashing ROM.zip and rooting.zip (not format data/cache before), the problem is finished, i have finally a trwp recovery :cool:
Thanks a lot for support

Last edited:
Do we need to format data every time we update to the latest version, or a dirty flash would work? Will it cause a bootloop?

Hi, i do everything you told, but i have an encrypt storage on the phone and i can't see the image file to install !