Avoid System App Being Erased After Update? Cerberus App

GerNav

Members
Sep 12, 2015
For those of you using CERBERUS app on Rooted Xiaomi phones... Could you help me a bit?

I keep on testing functionalities of Cerberus app and just found a security failure, maybe you could help me sort it out.

I have Cerberus on a Xiaomi Mi5S Rooted phone. I previously converted the app to a System App using Link2SD to avoid it from being erased after a factory reset (or similar).

Today I updated the weekly ROM from Xiaomi.eu and after testing to see if the device was still connected y found that it was unable to connect to the device. I then searched for the app on MI5s and found out it was no even installed after update.

Does this makes any sense? Is there a way to protect the app from being erased after each weekly update or factory reset?

Thanks again for your support!

Cheers from Spain!

Ger.

That's not a security failure, you have an open bootloader. If you want a secure device, lock it. But even then a knowledgeable thief can still reflash it in EDL, so there's no 100% security ever.

Put the cerberus apk on their website in a flashable .zip and put into the queue when flashing in recovery with each update.