I perhaps accidently erased too much, trying to find options

MwBakker

Members
Apr 8, 2023
I was following the MIUI data closely while it was approaching its release.

At one of these websites (not this one) it mentioned MIUI 14 would use around < %40 of the system files as MIUI 13.

So when the ROM came out I wanted to start from scratch. I wanted to make sure to erase everything as much as possible before flashing the new ROM so not just overwriting the system files with a new flash but erasing as much I could from the ground off.

I used the following two fastboot commands

Code:
- fastboot erase system
- fastboot earase tz

after performing these two all was good untill I rebooted. It now won't go into recovery nor fastboot mode. Nor does it show battery indication when I want to charge it.

I know -tz is an important partition but I did not erase anything related to boot, recovery or battery, so I don't know if it's related.

Is there a way to make this phone connect with my PC? On XDA I read 'Qualcomm' driver solutions but these were for older POCO phones. Is there a method for my Mi 10 Ultra?

I was following the MIUI data closely while it was approaching its release.

At one of these websites (not this one) it mentioned MIUI 14 would use around < %40 of the system files as MIUI 13.

So when the ROM came out I wanted to start from scratch. I wanted to make sure to erase everything as much as possible before flashing the new ROM so not just overwriting the system files with a new flash but erasing as much I could from the ground off.

I used the following two fastboot commands

Code:
- fastboot erase system
- fastboot earase tz

after performing these two all was good untill I rebooted. It now won't go into recovery nor fastboot mode. Nor does it show battery indication when I want to charge it.

I know -tz is an important partition but I did not erase anything related to boot, recovery or battery, so I don't know if it's related.

Is there a way to make this phone connect with my PC? On XDA I read 'Qualcomm' driver solutions but these were for older POCO phones. Is there a method for my Mi 10 Ultra?
Should have just done Format data.

You sure it's not getting into Fastboot ?!

--
Sent from my M2102K1G

Should have just done Format data.

You sure it's not getting into Fastboot ?!

--
Sent from my M2102K1G
Yes I'm sure. It also does not show any charging icon when I hook it up to a charger. In fact, I will need a multi-meter to measure if the device is actually powered at all (or is there another way?) to figure if I'm dealing with a software problem or perhaps, by coincidence, a hardware problem. I already tried letting my PC detect the device with any possible driver installed so far: no response

I read that
Code:
fastboot erase tz
does not include deleting battery charging icon or boot, so I'm starting to doubt if it has relation to eachother now. Especially because this device once had this behaviour before (turned off, not responding to anything) and a battery replacement was the solution.

Yes I'm sure. It also does not show any charging icon when I hook it up to a charger. In fact, I will need a multi-meter to measure if the device is actually powered at all (or is there another way?) to figure if I'm dealing with a software problem or perhaps, by coincidence, a hardware problem. I already tried letting my PC detect the device with any possible driver installed so far: no response

I read that
Code:
fastboot erase tz
does not include deleting battery charging icon or boot, so I'm starting to doubt if it has relation to eachother now. Especially because this device once had this behaviour before (turned off, not responding to anything) and a battery replacement was the solution.
Like I already told you, erasing TZ (TrustZone) partition will not allow you to boot to anything, even the charging interface.
Your device could only start in EDL mode (which is SoC-baked, not tied to any partition).

Reactions: kcorrea1
Like I already told you, erasing TZ (TrustZone) partition will not allow you to boot to anything, even the charging interface.
Your device could only start in EDL mode (which is SoC-baked, not tied to any partition).
I read that clearly, no issues there. However, I believe that before anything disallows anything to be booted there has to be power running through the device in a split second at least

I read that clearly, no issues there. However, I believe that before anything disallows anything to be booted there has to be power running through the device in a split second at least
Of course it's running. Doesn't mean that the screen is going to turn on. And, if I remember right, to load EDL mode there's some key combination.

Reactions: MwBakker

I read that
Code:
fastboot erase tz
using the fastboot bat file in the zip of the rom already contains everything important thats needed.
you should've read the guides here, if it was working prior to the erase tz then its not a software- neither a hardware problem.

using the fastboot bat file in the zip of the rom already contains everything important thats needed.
you should've read the guides here, if it was working prior to the erase tz then its not a software- neither a hardware problem.
It was still working in fastboot mode after the two erasing commands, it was after rebooting that it no longer responds to anything. No PC I have tried is picking up any signal (so far I have tried different PC's, different cables, different drivers and different key combinations to turn on the device in whatever state). I don't understand how it can't be either a hardware or software problem: what is the other option to you?

Of course it's running. Doesn't mean that the screen is going to turn on. And, if I remember right, to load EDL mode there's some key combination.
Good to know that the device should at least be in a running state. Does removing the -tz partition stop the USB port from getting power?

No clue, but you surely have options now.
UPDATE
I went to another phone service and he was in fact able to put the phone to EDL mode by connecting the pins as Test Point. He was able to connect my device to a laptop and read it per Qualcomm driver. He returned my device telling me to then connect the pin points myself and flash the software I have on my own laptop.

I know which pinpoints to connect and I have the right twizzer for it, but whatever I do the device will not run into EDL boot anymore. So far for now it stops here.

Last edited:
I managed to get it into EDL per test points here in the kitchen table circuiting the pins. It succesfully connected for 1 sec as Qualcomm 9008 (COM port) The problem however was it connected/disconnected for 20 times in a row right after that and then it went off. Not sure what to do from here other than keep trying.

I managed to get it into EDL per test points here in the kitchen table circuiting the pins. It succesfully connected for 1 sec as Qualcomm 9008 (COM port) The problem however was it connected/disconnected for 20 times in a row right after that and then it went off. Not sure what to do from here other than keep trying.
I also did same thing with a friend phone redmi 9T but I managed to flash rom in it successfully