New Back Button Opens The Recent Apps Panel

Shoomyrovich

Members
Jan 13, 2017
I have problem, please someone Help me...I have Xiaomi Redmi Pro running MIUI 8 and everything worked great and than, all of the sudden, back button started opening the recent apps panel. I dont know what to do...I Just cannot go back when I am for example browsing the web or I am in some apps, when I press the back button it opens the recent apps panel. I was looking in the settings but nothing there that can help. I have tried to restart my phone but the problem persists. I have also tried instaling apps that remap the buttons but they dont do the trick coz they all have to be enabled in accessibility but when I enable them the MIUI disables them by itself. Please Help me!

MIUI has "Buttons" config in "Additional settings" menu, that's where you can remap them.
Thanks for your response, looked there, nothing found. There Are only options for Long press and nothing about single tap or short press

Hi,

I had the same exact problem today.

But it got back to normal after powering the phone off and on. (not rebooting!)

And in my case, the problem occured just after taking a screenshot from the toggle bar. I don't know if it is relevant to the problem though.

Reactions: bs0409
Just today I also had the same problem. I also turned on and off then it resolved. thank you.