Bad Kamera Quality

I did but it reboots to fastboot
To my knowledge, there's nothing about this that could even remotely mess things up bad enough for your phone not to boot anymore.

I mean, we're just replacing an .apk and a few libs of MiuiCamera, worst thing that can happen if you do something incorrectly is that the camera app gets broken or just disappears from your app list.

Did you have a working system beforehand?

Reactions: faarys
When there is flashable or magisk solution I would be grateful

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 10 Pro met Tapatalk

To my knowledge, there's nothing about this that could even remotely mess things up bad enough for your phone not to boot anymore.

I mean, we're just replacing an .apk and a few libs of MiuiCamera, worst thing that can happen if you do something incorrectly is that the camera app gets broken or just disappears from your app list.

Did you have a working system beforehand?
Yep system was working I flashed eu again so phone is working ill wait to see if someone can make a magisk for it lol

OK, I made a flashable ZIP - works on mine. I can't really tell the difference, can anyone? The "normal" camera mode, looks like 5X is not activated until you zoom over 20x, then covering the 5X with your finger will show the camera being blocked on the phone, was this normal behaviour on the stock China ROM?

I tested on Pro mode, UW, Wide, 2x and 5x - first on EU Rom from 4 weeks ago, then flashed the attached ZIP, tested again, then updated ROM to last week and flashed camera ZIP again. The cameras all activate as you expect (in Pro mode), so not sure what's going on with the normal 'photo' mode. Someone still on China ROM can confirm?

Reactions: fw85-
i would suggest to developers to fix also MI 10 camera...it is really bad...no focus, pictures from near are foggy, and pictures are too bright, we want natural colours...

OK, I made a flashable ZIP - works on mine. I can't really tell the difference, can anyone? The "normal" camera mode, looks like 5X is not activated until you zoom over 20x, then covering the 5X with your finger will show the camera being blocked on the phone, was this normal behaviour on the stock China ROM?

I tested on Pro mode, UW, Wide, 2x and 5x - first on EU Rom from 4 weeks ago, then flashed the attached ZIP, tested again, then updated ROM to last week and flashed camera ZIP again. The cameras all activate as you expect (in Pro mode), so not sure what's going on with the normal 'photo' mode. Someone still on China ROM can confirm?

Hello. Thanks allot for ur work.
Flashed it. But the camera is the same. Nothing happened! I still have the EU camera with the green video and the aweful processing.... I will revert back to chinese rom this is so frustrating!

It doesn't make any sense to buy the best camera phone in the world and not be able to use it as it should

Last edited:
Is the green front camera issue present in China beta ROM too?

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

When I manually switched the camera app back to the original, the difference was immediately apparent to me.
The auto-focus improved, so did low light shots and general detail in photos. Photos are sharper with better colors as well.

I spent a fair amount of time during the unlock waiting period just testing out the cameras, to see what they could do.

That's why it wasn't hard to notice, that there's something off about the post-processing of the EU ROM camera app.

When I manually switched the camera app back to the original, the difference was immediately apparent to me.
The auto-focus improved, so did low light shots and general detail in photos. Photos are sharper with better colors as well.

I spent a fair amount of time during the unlock waiting period just testing out the cameras, to see what they could do.

That's why it wasn't hard to notice, that there's something off about the post-processing of the EU ROM camera app.
I can't agree more.
This camera system is unmatched on original ROM, with EU rom even samsung note 10 plus is better in my testing.

Is the green front camera issue present in China beta ROM too?

Not sure what exact steps need to be done to reproduce what you talking about, but I don't have green from camera issue if we talking about preview at least

Not sure what exact steps need to be done to reproduce what you talking about, but I don't have green from camera issue if we talking about preview at least
Ofc you have green front camera issue

Steps to reproduce:

Get Mi10 ultra > enable image stabilization > make video recording using front camera > play it back

Reactions: faarys
Ofc you have green front camera issue

Steps to reproduce:

Get Mi10 ultra > enable image stabilization > make video recording using front camera > play it back

Well, I have only 10pro, so cant confirm(

Here is the Magisk module made by me (NOT tested, please feedback) => MIUI-Mi_10_Ultra_China_MIUI_Camera_app_4.1.4-Magisk.zip

;)
Tried, but TWRP says the install ended with an ERROR: 1 - Error installing the zip file (without explaining what sort of error or why it occurred).

That seems to install, TWRP installed it without errors. Phone boots normally and the camera app (still) works. Thanks!
Now the testing begins - too soon to tell if there's any differences.

Tried, but TWRP says the install ended with an ERROR: 1 - Error installing the zip file (without explaining what sort of error or why it occurred).
You need to install it in Magisk Manager app. ;)

EDIT: I will extract MIUI Camera from the new 12.0.13.0 China Stable (Mi 10 Ultra), but I really would like to know if my Magisk module is currently working on this device. ^^

That seems to install, TWRP installed it without errors. Phone boots normally and the camera app (still) works. Thanks!
Now the testing begins - too soon to tell if there's any differences.

I found some photos from a month ago when i was waiting for BL to unlock, trying to take photos now in similar light settings (lots outdoors and night time shots); so far I can't tell the different after flashing the zip

I found some photos from a month ago when i was waiting for BL to unlock, trying to take photos now in similar light settings (lots outdoors and night time shots); so far I can't tell the different after flashing the zip
Maybe the zip didn't replace the file correctly? What's the camera version shown in app info?