Bad Kamera Quality

Alright, I gave up after reading about Google's new partitioning scheme using dedupe. in short /system is not just /system but an emulation - that's why TWRP cannot delete /system files and/or mount as RW. Inside TWRP and via adb shell, /system is just RO. It's the new Android.

I rooted and deleted the apk and libs, and I installed the extracted files from your package @fw85-
Version is now 4.1 but I'm seeing no difference, in image quality and zooms. It seems to me the algorithim by Xiaomi determines the best lens to use depending on the conditions. So when I'm pointing at a book/text about 2 meters away, it will switch to 5x lens. But when I move the camera to a different part of the room, also 2 meters away, but with less text, it switches (by itself) to the main lens and uses digital zoom. TBF the quality is the same, the main camera is the best of them all, and the 5x and 2x telephoto are there to 'assist' the main camera. Anybody else with camera tech. knowledge feel free to fill in the knowledge gap!

I'll leave it for now and when the next weekly is flashed, will test more photos / images.

Alright, I gave up after reading about Google's new partitioning scheme using dedupe. in short /system is not just /system but an emulation - that's why TWRP cannot delete /system files and/or mount as RW. Inside TWRP and via adb shell, /system is just RO. It's the new Android.
Hm, interesting. But I just installed the ZIP using TWRP (no root!) and it now says version 4.1 in my device. Can that be?

Guys the zip is not working
A simple test is front camera video. Still green

Let's hope the devs let the camera alone in the new stable update

The front camera giving green video with image stabilization on has also been found to be present in the original CN roms. This ZIP fix was for the image quality for photo's as a whole, which seems to have taken a dive in the EU roms as opposed to the original CN roms.

The front camera giving green video with image stabilization on has also been found to be present in the original CN roms. This ZIP fix was for the image quality for photo's as a whole, which seems to have taken a dive in the EU roms as opposed to the original CN roms.

Original CN roms do not have front camera green video issue.

This guy said opposite too: https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/566603

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

I am currently using original V12.0.13.0.QJJCNXM and can't observe green issue, even enabling stabilization.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: faarys and graw2
The zip should work, but I rooted and manually deleted the apk under /system just to be sure.
How u manualy delete apk when android 10/11 doesent allow u to do that its read only partition and it cant be mounted as r/w. Even maker of twrp spoke about that on his twitter.

How u manualy delete apk when android 10/11 doesent allow u to do that its read only partition and it cant be mounted as r/w. Even maker of twrp spoke about that on his twitter.

you can't delete in TWRP. I rooted, then used total commander to browse to /system and deleted in there. old school way. then i unrooted.

there was once where I adb push from PC and instead of "failed 1", it pushed successfully. I think TWRP was in adb sideload mode, but it was flaky and most of the time adb push just failed - the twrp blog post says it's intermittent; so I wouldn't mess with the partitions in TWRP unless you are "YOLO"

you can't delete in TWRP. I rooted, then used total commander to browse to /system and deleted in there. old school way. then i unrooted.

there was once where I adb push from PC and instead of "failed 1", it pushed successfully. I think TWRP was in adb sideload mode, but it was flaky and most of the time adb push just failed - the twrp blog post says it's intermittent; so I wouldn't mess with the partitions in TWRP unless you are "YOLO"
i try 10 root explorers nobody give permission to /system folder

maybe on android 11 its a problem there is no any explorer that can mount r/w or twrp

Then when I launched the Camera, I was greeted with the original chinese ROM camera, which seems to work just fine. The picture quality is back to normal.
We've found the source of the image stabilization issue and fixed it, a tester confirmed that the videos record properly now.
However, when it comes to image quality changing by replacing the APK, do you have any proof? Image comparison with consistent reproduction? (same lighting, same exposure point, etc)

The front camera giving green video with image stabilization on has also been found to be present in the original CN roms.
Source?

... the image quality for photo's as a whole, which seems to have taken a dive in the EU roms as opposed to the original CN roms.
Proof?

We've found the source of the image stabilization issue and fixed it, a tester confirmed that the videos record properly now.
You guys are awesome.
Me, after reinstalling the first official rom a while ago and trying the front camera video. I didn't save the video, and it was on a day on which I installed four different roms consecutively, so something could have gone wrong - or (perhaps more likely) I made a mistake :)
Since the latest stable EU version is so awesome, I'm not going back to check and test it again to see if I can recreate the problem.

Just to be sure: now that you've found a fix, are you going to include that in an updated version of the weekly and stable roms?

You guys are awesome.

Me, after reinstalling the first official rom a while ago and trying the front camera video. I didn't save the video, and it was on a day on which I installed four different roms consecutively, so something could have gone wrong - or (perhaps more likely) I made a mistake :)
Since the latest stable EU version is so awesome, I'm not going back to check and test it again to see if I can recreate the problem.

Just to be sure: now that you've found a fix, are you going to include that in an updated version of the weekly and stable roms?
Of course.