Best GPS conf ?

deini

Members
May 11, 2013
Hi. I've read that Xiaomi devices have a really good gps hardware, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the time to first fix. It usually takes more than 30 seconds in a clear day, with no clouds etc.

I've seen very different gps.conf files on several ROMs (I think is the only gps related file that is tweaked among ROMs) but it looks like they have no real effect (the only ones that behave different is because they have bugs and tell you that you are 500 miles away from your real location)

So does someone knows which settings should be the best for our devices? I mean, someone who knows at least a bit, the opinions from users without knowledge (like me) are just experience that can be affected by a lot of circumstances, so nothing really relevant. And as said, I've already tried "trial and error" without success.

Thanks!

I would like to know about this too.

And I'm not sure what the gps fix tools on the net really do. I opened it, it finds the satelite and it is locking. Then I go to home to open my GPS navigation tool. Before I can open it, the locking is gone on the status bar. Opening the GPS navigation tool will search for a satelite again :confused:

Thanks, I've tried but haven't seen a big difference with the previous one. For anyone wanting to try, you need to select "alternate" file

Enviado desde mi MI 2 usando Tapatalk 4

I'm from Spain. I will do more test with this, maybe today was very cloudy or the satellites were in a more complicated position, etc

Enviado desde mi MI 2 usando Tapatalk 4