Best place to buy M1 right now

oldmanhouse

Members
Sep 3, 2012
Hey Xiaomi fans!

I'm looking to import a Xiaomi M1/Mi-One from China here to the UK. Can anyone recommend a good place that won't steal my money?!

Where did you all get yours? :)

I personally prefers AliExpress. They have an escrow system whereby they will hold your money and only release it to the seller after you confirmed that you received the item.

I personally prefers AliExpress. They have an escrow system whereby they will hold your money and only release it to the seller after you confirmed that you received the item.

Yeah, I read about that on their FAQ. Is it as safe as they make out? So, if a seller supplies a clone rather than an original Xiaomi, I can withhold payment?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on this seller (http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...en-8MP-WiFi-GPS-WCDMA-XIAOMI-wholesalers.html) if you're a Aliexpress user, so know what to look out for when choosing a legit seller :)

i would just buy from hotmid.com or android-sale.com i bought my phone from android-sale.com and other stuff for the phone from hotmid :)

i would just buy from hotmid.com or android-sale.com i bought my phone from android-sale.com and other stuff for the phone from hotmid :)

Android-sale is definitely my top choice. If they come back in stock soon at $250, I'll snap one up in a heartbeat!

For future reference to any potential M1 buyers, I went with Aliexpress in the end (seller was called 'hawksoar' or something similar). I paid $285, including DHL shipping which was a pretty good price in my opinion.

I really wanted to go with Android-sale as they list at $249.99 + free shipping, but they seem to be permanently out of stock. I emailed them and got conflicting messages - the first saying they'd be back in stock in 1-2 weeks and then another saying Xiaomi had discontinued production and they wouldn't be getting any more in... Hotmid look like a good seller, but were a little more expensive than some of the cheaper sellers on Aliexpress.

Warning! Don't buy MiOne, there're a lot of fake 'MiOne' on Aliexpress! The fake looks like an original MiOne, but the processor is a cheap MTK one (you get very low score in benchmark software). We got more than 10 fake 'MiOne' cases here in Russia. Buy Xiaomi using only famous shops like 365gate.com, hotmid.com etc.

Aliexpress is like the asian (chinese) version of ebay isnt it? Privat people selling stuff and now way to really now if its fake or not?
Of course a lot of chinese also sell on ebay :)

There's definitely a lot of fakes, but they're not hard to spot. Look for the keywords (C2000, MTK, etc..) or a too good to be true price (<$250). There's of course deceptive people selling on there, but that's what the feedback system is there for! Seller I bought from had 100% positive feedback and I too rated them very highly.

yeah dont buy from a person who just started selling go for a seller with a lot of sells and a high positive feedback that makes it a lot more safe :)

Just bought a M1-s From hotmid.com

Order placed the 25th of september, shipped by DHL
Shipped from HK to Italy.
It has arrived on 3rd of October.

Everything was perfect! great dealer!

(the only issue was about 60€ of customs duties).
For any question ask me!

Small warning about buying in Germany from hotmid.com: I know one case when the custom just sent the package back to China because the phone hasn't CE marking!

Bought M1 from hotmid.com on 2nd September, it was shipped with tracking number on 4th September from Singapore (parcel), received it in Bulgaria on 14th September. No issues at all, they have checked the phone for issues (non-working screen, setting english menu, etc.), and they have even inserted the SD card in its slot :D I didn't have to pay any taxes.

I recommend it.

M1 price on hotmid.com is $289 (using HongKong/Singapore Register Mail $20.00)
M1S price is $290 on realpricesfromchina.com (using China Post (Tracking) $12.28)