Big differences between stock ROM and the ones here

scrondor

Members
May 15, 2014
I was just trying the stock rom that comes with the phone (stable 23, chinese/english) and there is a huge difference from the one present here (stable 24, but the stable 23 was the same). Many more features (lite mode, support for google phone search etc.) are present in the stock one. It looks to me that the rom present here is merely based on the old hongmi and it is disappointing :( . It doesn't even have all the networks, on the stock one the phone can see my provider correctly, with the one here it shows the provider where the phone is connected (I'm in roaming). Can you simply add the languages to the stock rom ? It is far and far better.

There are also many bugs, the main one linked to the pin code of the sims, it there is one, every time the phone lose the network (for example in a tunnel) it asks for the pin code again, not only, when I'm playing a game and it lose the network (for example on a train) the game exits suddenly. Try and see.

Merely? Hm you just pointed some minor changes...
- Lite mode? You mean elder mode? We remove that function - the part of it is in chinese
- Google phone search? What about it? It works for me very good. App search, google play search from widget.
- The provider issue might be correct from you. We will look into it.

We have different points of view about what is "minor" or "major", erasing features like the lite mode is something that I would not have done, but you grasps the magic wand, not me.
The sim pin code fat bug can't be correct from me

We have different points of view about what is "minor" or "major", erasing features like the lite mode is something that I would not have done, but you grasps the magic wand, not me.
The sim pin code fat bug can't be correct from me
so you have to enter PIN only in our version..? not possible...

Ok, these are the passages:

-stick in one or more sims with a sim code
-enter sim codes when the phone boots
-take a train, enter a tunnel or whatever, anyway, lose the network
-when the network is back you've to type the sim code again
-play a game under the tunnel, when the network goes back, the game exits, you've to type the sim code again

the same problems was present in one of the old hongmi rom and it has been corrected, that is why I'm saying that it looks to me that this rom is merely based on one of the old hongmi releases (some features are also not present or "deleted on purpouse...")

I almost forgot: using MI TOOLS it's impossible to have control on the carrier of the second card, it simply doesn't show it. Ok, it can be because of mitools, anyway in the old hongmi it worked.

The network was shown correctly on one of the old hongmi release

P.S. these condition were tested on more than one phone and even after reflashing, wiping, cleaning, sanitizing etc.

our ROM is based on official Stable 24 version from miui.com...

Sorry I will not take a train for testing this... lol.. anyway tunnel is 320km from me..

so on version from miui.com you don't have to enter PIN after carrier re-connection..?

... uhm.. I think its normal to loose gps or network signal in tunnel.
Well depends on tunnels...
And after the phone reconnects to the network you have to type PIN code, if your SIM card requires PIN. This is normal.
Are you sure your SIM card doesnt have a PIN code?

About MITOOL.... we don't care. Its not our programm.
If you updated to new version then you have to wait for mitools to be updated by its original dev.

No, I think it's not normal : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_lock#Unlocking_technology

Anyway:

- My SIM card do have PIN codes
- My other phones (MI2S is one of them) requires only to enter the pin code at boot or if I had more security check:
- No phones in my entire life had ever asked to re-enter the pin code after a network change
- It can happen to lose the network, for example if you don't live 320 km far away to a subway, when you switch from the external transponder to the trasponder underground, the phone lose the network. I've never been asked to re enter the pin code again
- The old Hongmi had the same issue and it was fixed in one of the updates
- The bug looks like the SIM is disabled and enabled every time the network conditions changes

Last edited:
No, I think it's not normal : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_lock#Unlocking_technology

Anyway:

- My other phones (MI2S is one of them) requires only to enter the pin code at boot or if I had more security check:
- No phones in my entire life had ever asked to re-enter the pin code after a network change
- It can happen to lose the network, for example if you don't live 320 km far away to a subway, when you switch from the external transponder to the trasponder underground, the phone lose the network. I've never been asked to re enter the pin code again
- The bug looks like the SIM is disabled and enabled every time the network conditions changes
Ok so wait for next updates...

I still don't get it what you want..
It requires PIN only on our ROM and not on miui.com version?

~Tapatalk~

I suggest that all of us calm passions. "Scrondor" Perhaps you do not know, maybe other people who have 1S unfamiliar but we all have problems with WCDMA SIM slot with a loss of signal. It has nothing to do with the ROM version, but with the main ROM. I hope that this will soon be corrected with a new V6. If you do not have the option to turn off PIN in "security" = "SIM LOCK" then your service provider limit this option.
For now, if you do not use too much mobile data traffic and you can find wirelles signal, recommended that shift the SIM card in the SIM slot 2 (GSM), at least until they fix this bug in HongM 1S

Pasko, I can turn on and off the pin code, but if I want to have it turned on, there is a reason. I'm not pointing the finger on miuiandroid, when it's for free one can't complain and I only said that I saw no reason to took away the "lite" option. I added the feedback for the bugs that I found, may be it is the wrong place, I thought that because they didn't release only a mere multilingual version of the rom (they modified the rom, because there are not the original apps and this lite mode for example) they could even correct the bugs and I was wrong. I'm sorry for this, I sincerely thought there was a development of the rom here on miuiandroid. For this reason I wrote directly on miui.com, no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pasko505

Anyway:

Hello,
I have the same problem since the begining (6 months) with a MI2S, first with V5, now V6 and latest developers rom. It seems it can be fixed by disabling pin code request. Did you tried it and how can this be done, I don't find this feature in the phone menu ?
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-1-9.26623/page-9#post-236854