Poco F3 in 2024

truelutti

Members
Oct 2, 2019
Hello!

So i have been happy with the xiaomi.eu roms before but since the support stopped for poco F3 i have kept getting more and more problems. Now i would like to ask if there are any ways to fix all of them or at least some. The phone is still good but some annoyances are sort of weird things to pop up.

So the list of things needed fixing.
1. google play store can't update mi apps.
2. mcdonald's app has stopped working

Short list luckily but both of those are something i would like to find a fix to.
1. The inability to update the mi apps is the mostly just annoying thing. Hate to see them on the list of stuff to update and not being able to do so.
2. I eat at mcdonald's at times so i would like to use the app as it's the one that has all the coupons and stuff. Now i started tinkering with it and i can't even install it again.

Solutions i'm thinking: find the last stock rom and see if that would fix these. Try the latest stable xiaomi.eu rom. Try to find some hacks from somewhere around the net to end up with something working. So i tried this place instead. So if there is a solution to both things i would like that but even if at least one of the things can be fixed it would buy some time before i need to go and waste money to another phone that looks the same and works the same but cost me many many €s.

Yes.

PS:
System applications cannot be updated from other sources. The developers blocked this option. Updates only happen as part of a ROM update.

Reactions: truelutti
Yes.

PS:
System applications cannot be updated from other sources. The developers blocked this option. Updates only happen as part of a ROM update.
Well it seems that i was only left with the annoyance of seeing the mi apps in the update list. This is very nice result. Thank you! With the mi apps i guess we are pretty much f*ed since i figure no new roms are coming for F3. Then again i saw that F3 is in the list of devices receiving hyper os ...but that's probably something coming way later?

I've happily been using my Poco F3 with xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V14.0.22.12.19.DEV_v14-13-fastboot.zip (installed on 30/12/22: didn't realise it was that far back!). I've just discovered that Google Pay refuses to add cards now (I don't use it regularly but it's useful as a backup!).

I've just read above that the latest (final?) stable version for the Poco F3 is xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V14.0.8.0.TKHCNXM_v14-13.zip (from Dec 2023) and this should work, once the gpay fix apk is installed. (I've tried it with my current ROM but I don't get MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY just MEETS_BASIC_INTEGRITY.)

Can I safely install the stable version without wiping data? It's a lower version (14.0.8.0 vs 14.0.22.12.19) but about a year newer! If so, I'l do the update. If not, I'm not sure I can bothered with the effort right now!