Bind mail to my xiaomi account

Alvaro Caso

Members
Apr 2, 2014
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but I couldn't find any other. I'm trying for the last couple of weeks to bind my mail (I tried with different accounts) to my xiami account, but I've never received the SMS validation in my phone. Then I tried to change my mobile number, to another one, but again, although I received in the second mobile number the validation SMS, again I didn't received in my current one, so I can't change it (it's funny that if you want to change your mobile number, maybe because you don't have more this number, you need your old number...). My current mobile number is from Netherlands. I try with Xiaomi support, but it seems that they can't help me: they ask me to change the mail, when the problem is with the current mobile number. Also, I verified that I can receive SMS in this mobile.

Any idea?

Many thanks!

Reactions: actian
i have the same problem. Would be nice to get an answer;)

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

For me is the same...
- I tried with different mails, I always received the mail confirmation, but never the SMS confirmation.
- If I try to change the phone number, I receive the SMS in the new phone (Spanish number) but I never received the second SMS in the actual number (Dutch number).
Everything seems to be related with the Dutch number.

Have you added the country code +31 to your number?
I have bound my e-mailadress a while ago and I recieved SMS.
I am Dutch too

Thanks redmaner! I have the country code. At least now I know that there isn't a problem with the dutch number...

edit: maybe it´s not clear... still I can´t receive any confirmation SMS

Last edited:
Which provider do you have? Could be the provider

I think your problem is your provider. I have family in Indonesia. My family can't text my friend which has Vodafone but can text me I have Hi (KPN)

Many thanks!!! Well... at least that make sense... the problem then would not disappear in Spain, because there will be the same provider... let see if the Xiaomi support can bind the mail or change the phone number

I have same issue too (Thailand). Not any sms back to my phone but then after I bind new number (same and different provider) the sms back to me. I think, It had somethings wrong at MiCloud.