Black Screen - Redmi Note 2 Doesn't Start Anymore

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 2' started by matthias, Feb 25, 2016.

1. matthias

matthiasMembers

Feb 25, 2016
    Male
    #1matthias,Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Hello,
    this morning I unlocked my Redmi Note 2 and it was lagging a bit (as it is sometimes) so I just lay it down for a while and did something else. When I returned I couldn't unlock the phone or see anything. I also tried to put out the battery and put it back in - this always worked but it didn't this time. Also tried to boot in recovery and fast boot mode. Nothing.
    When I connect it to to my computer (Windows 7) I hear the "device connected" sound and an "Unknown Device" in the device manager. A few seconds after, I hear a "device disconnected"/"device installation failed" sound and it disappears from the device manager list. This repeats every 10-15 seconds.
    Just to be clear: I do not see anything on the screen (no background light as well), the touch buttons remain off, no vibration, nothing. Looks like bricked though I am wondering why it is recognized as an unknown device in windows...

I tried Mi PC Suite but it didn't work...

What can I do? I also couldn't find a way to find an official repair shop. Where can I send my phone back? To ******* (where I bought it)? I live in Germany and I'm not sure if there is any phone shop that can fix it...

Thank you and best wishes,
    Matthias

2. nickzeptepi

Feb 12, 2016
    Pull out battery and replace, charge with phone off. Do you see the percentage when u first connect ?
    Charge and try boot again

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

3. matthias

matthiasMembers

Feb 25, 2016
    Male
    Hello nick,
    Thank you for your fast reply! Connecting it to the charger/Windows PC with battery pulled out didn't work as well.
    Same strange behavior with the device manager...
    The screen shows absolutely no activity, so no charge icon/percentage as well.
    I charged the battery tonight, my multimeter says it has 4.28V.

By the way: I tried to connect it to a digital power supply control with 3.70V. When starting, it draws around 440mA and after a while goes down to 140mA, then up again.
    I suppose it is a Hardware failure with the mainboard/screen unit(?) or a boot error... However, I wonder why I even can't see the touch button backlights and feel the vibration on startup.
    Any other ideas or programs I could use to unbrick my phone? :/

How can I let it repair by Xiaomi?

Best wishes,
    Matthias

4. silas guo

silas guoMembers

Aug 1, 2014
    Male
    You can try to replace the battery.If it still has problem, maybe the mainboard has problem.
    Redmi note 2 battery is available in dragon-tt.com.

Share Our Site