boot animation sound question

neon flash

Members
Feb 2, 2013
hi i'm new here so i'll apologise in advance for the noobish questions.
i have a samsung galaxy s captivate i897 rooted running cyanogen mod & miui. i bought the phone this way didnt do it myself.
the miui ui is fantastic :D
one of my pet hates though is that i cant seem to have no sound on boot animation. i've treid different themes i've tried sound control i've looked for other things i can try that might influence it but nothing.
is there a way i can have no sound on boot?
the reason i dont like it is because i often switch my phone off to presever battery. if i want to switch it on again i have to wait until after lectures.

anyone know if i need to find a theme with a boot animation that doesnt include boot music (would u be able to recomend one) ?
or is it something i can change myself in settings?

i'm running android version 2.3.7

i have a samsung galaxy s captivate i897 rooted running cyanogen mod & miui. i bought the phone this way didnt do it myself.
one of my pet hates though is that i cant seem to have no sound on boot animation. i've treid different themes i've tried sound control i've looked for other things i can try that might influence it but nothing.
the reason i dont like it is because i often switch my phone off to presever battery. if i want to switch it on again i have to wait until after lectures.

anyone know if i need to find a theme with a boot animation that doesnt include boot music (would u be able to recomend one) ?

I am not about the sound but you shouldn't turn off so often, it uses more battery than it saves, put it to flight mode, it will not use the battery as all the radios turned off.

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

I don't know what version you're on but on gingerbread the bootaudio is stored in /data/system/theme/boots and you can delete the mp3 with any root enabled browser (like root explorer.) And if you're on gingerbread then you could also go to Settings>themes>customize>boot audio and select "None"
I'm not sure about ice cream sandwich or jelly bean though.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

You can record a short soundfile on your PC with the mic disabled. Put it on your phone and select it as boot sound :cool:

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Hi,

Go to Theme, Category then select components then Advance select Boot Audio (None)

Hi,

Go to Theme, Category then select components then Advance select Boot Audio (None)