Bootloader unlock - Message Couldn´t unlock

Jimbo21

Members
Sep 2, 2018
After waiting 360 hours I wanted to unlock my Xiaomi Mi 9 today. I use the latest unlock tool and get the message Couldn't unlock. Whats going on here ?

More info about this? What's below Couldn't unlock? Send log from MiUnlock (sprocket icon > log)

Did you use the phone during the waiting time? You should use your phone, not only wait.

Hello, i read on XDA that "OEM unlock" in developper settings is not working right. You need to enable this option (obviously) to unlock the bootloader. But it automatically turns off. So, you must be sure this is enabled. A person enabled it several times (go and leave developper options) and got a warning for accepting. After that his device unlocked.

Unfortunately i will have to wait another 360 hours since yesterday, but i will keep this in mind for the next time.

I also sent Xiaomi an email and asked why my device was not unlocking and why i have to wait another 360 hours. When Xiaomi sent an answer i will post it here.

Hello, i read on XDA that "OEM unlock" in developper settings is not working right. You need to enable this option (obviously) to unlock the bootloader. But it automatically turns off. So, you must be sure this is enabled. A person enabled it several times (go and leave developper options) and got a warning for accepting. After that his device unlocked.

Unfortunately i will have to wait another 360 hours since yesterday, but i will keep this in mind for the next time.

I also sent Xiaomi an email and asked why my device was not unlocking and why i have to wait another 360 hours. When Xiaomi sent an answer i will post it here.
Your Xiaomi account should surely be older and not have this issue like the newer accounts. The issue only came into effect with newer Mi accounts, the limit should not be present if you had a VIP or older account. Definitely check it Xiaomi China for clarification...

Also, try to keep the language a bit cleaner on the forum, appreciate its frustrating but the rest of us dont need to see swearing etc.

Cheers.

Sorry for my bad (*****) words.

I have also older Mi accounts and same problem on those accounts. So i think it's some other problem then account related.

Sorry for my bad (*****) words.

I have also older Mi accounts and same problem on those accounts. So i think it's some other problem then account related.
I guess they aren't VIP accounts then. As mine is registered from 2011 when Mi ID was launched and I have no unlocking restrictions.

I guess they aren't VIP accounts then. As mine is registered from 2011 when Mi ID was launched and I have no unlocking restrictions.
My Mi account exists from 2013, so that's odd.

What do you suggest me to do? Like others advised; use the phone and not just wait 360 hours? Not use the Mi account like Xiaomi Service advise me to do?
But even more, how come that this message "could not unlock device" showed up in Mi Unlock Tool? OEM unlock not working properly?

Thanks

My Mi account exists from 2013, so that's odd.

What do you suggest me to do? Like others advised; use the phone and not just wait 360 hours? Not use the Mi account like Xiaomi Service advise me to do?
But even more, how come that this message "could not unlock device" showed up in Mi Unlock Tool? OEM unlock not working properly?

Thanks
Might be from 2013, doesn't mean its got the same privileges as others...

I'd just continue to use the device with the account until you get confirmation of unlocking being allowed, then make sure the options are set on your phone prior to proceeding with the unlock.

Might be from 2013, doesn't mean its got the same privileges as others...

I'd just continue to use the device with the account until you get confirmation of unlocking being allowed, then make sure the options are set on your phone prior to proceeding with the unlock.
Ok, gonna use the Mi9 and will make the settings right.

Well, I’ve been waiting for 4 and half months for unlock code to unlock my Xiaomi mi max 2. It doesn't matter what way I go, they just ignore me. I have another phone from China, a Homtom and this could be unlocked online. I can understand that they want to tie us to Google for as long as possible, but as a long standing user of linux, I cannot except the policy, after all android is open source under GNU rights.