bootloop after flashing xiaomi.eu 8.8.30

WhiteRose

Members
Nov 2, 2017
Okay so, I flashed eu rom via TWRP, but I didn't format data and I guess that's what is causing the bootloop. Now the problem is that if I format data I cannot flash the rom again because it is stored in phone's internal storage and if I wipe data I'd delete the rom file and I cannot upload it again since I don't have USB debugging enabled anymore.
I'm basically stuck with the TWRP and a bootloop, what can I do to fix this issue?

External SD card
Put the ROM there

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
yep that is an option but I don't have one atm, so I was looking for another way. What if I move the rom file into android's root folder and then wipe data and flash it again?

You can also use fastboot devices command, you can reboot into recovery from there and mount to the laptop without USB debugging

Reactions: WhiteRose
You can also use fastboot devices command, you can reboot into recovery from there and mount to the laptop without USB debugging

for some reason I can't boot in fastboot, I get the low battery image (even tho I'm charging the phone, it was lik 60% when I tried)

That's strange
You'll have to charge then but it shouldn't be happening IMHO

That's strange
You'll have to charge then but it shouldn't be happening IMHO

I've just noticed that wiping data doesn't delete my rom file. I've now tried to flash the rom again after wiping data, I'll see if it goes in bootloop again. If it does I have no clue why. The rom file is the right one "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.8.30_v10-8.1", could it be because I'm coming from MIUI 9 Global stable? I was pretty sure the flash method was the same anyway..

After flashing TWRP you need to change file system from ext4 to f2fs, then reboot recovery, from within twrp, wipe cache,dalvic, data and internal recovery ( do NOT wipe system), mount all possible options ( pc will recognize phone, transfer xiaomi.eu rom from pc to internal memory, go to install and flash rom and wait to boot.

After flashing TWRP you need to change file system from ext4 to f2fs, then reboot recovery, from within twrp, wipe cache,dalvic, data and internal recovery ( do NOT wipe system), mount all possible options ( pc will recognize phone, transfer xiaomi.eu rom from pc to internal memory, go to install and flash rom and wait to boot.

that didn't work, how do I mount "all possible options"? pc recognizes my phone but I can't send any files to it because I have usb debugging disabled. I also lost the rom file I had in the folder

The first thing you have to do is go in to fastboot and then plug the phone into the PC.

From there you have to boot into recovery using command prompt that would be the TWRP recovery.

IF YOU ARE ALREADY IN TWRP RECOVERY,

Then you have to go and format the data partition to f2fs semicolon from TWRP that is when the PC will recognize PHONE as a plugged-in STORAGE device.

Then you will transfer the ROM to the internal storage, and then you will flash it using TWRP

The first thing you have to do is go in to fastboot and then plug the phone into the PC.

From there you have to boot into recovery using command prompt that would be the TWRP recovery.

IF YOU ARE ALREADY IN TWRP RECOVERY,

Then you have to go and format the data partition to f2fs semicolon from TWRP that is when the PC will recognize PHONE as a plugged-in STORAGE device.

Then you will transfer the ROM to the internal storage, and then you will flash it using TWRP

Okay I did that, the phone was always getting recognized by my PC as a plugged in device, the problem is that I cannot transfer files to it, probably because I don't have usb debugging enabled, if that's not it I have no idea why. I also still can't boot to fastboot even though my phone is at 97% it still gives the same error I told you before.. I'm getting nervous about this, I have no clue what is happening (literally the first time this happens, I flashed roms many times before) and I'm not even sure we can find a way out...

Seems looking for an sd card is the only safest option

okay, I was probably doing something wrong, what you said now works and I can transfer files. I'll send the rom file again and flash it. I'll tell you if it will work or not, and thanks for your patience, really

Reactions: Badrsj

okay, it booted to MIUI but I got en error saying that encryption was interrupted and something like that, it said I had to reset my phone to proceed, clicked on "reset phone" and it booted to TWRP, do I have to make data EXT2?

If it's f2fs then you'll have to wipe all but system and reinstall ROM. There's not much else but a clean start.

If it's f2fs then you'll have to wipe all but system and reinstall ROM. There's not much else but a clean start.

same error, I've even tried to flash a different version... I'm going crazy honestly

Ouch
Sorry man out of ideas here.
You've really tried everything.

If you go back to start be careful not flash anti roll back firmware

Ouch
Sorry man out of ideas here.
You've really tried everything.

If you go back to start be careful not flash anti roll back firmware

uh I guess I ****ed up, I formatted to EXT4, now can't go back to f2fs anymore..
nvm I fixed that, still don't know how to fix the encryption thing tho

Last edited: