Bootloop

atk25

Members
Jan 24, 2016
hello, i know probably this is not the correct thread to ask about my problem, but I am getting crazy! I hope someone can give me a solution. device redmi 4 prime (markw) miui.eu last developer (tried also the stable). the problem is that when u switch off the phone at the restart I have a bootloop (mi logo, than android logo on bottom with dots for maybe 10 seconds, than mi logo and get stuck. the only way to get the phone back is to go to twrp and wipe dalvik cahce and wipe cache and after loading the withe bar the phone start. but I have to do it every time i switch off the phone). my phone has unlock bootloader, and I am use to flash and modding the phone. I tried a fresh install from mi flash, fresh install from twrp. at the beginning seems working but from a day to other it comes again the same problem. I think could be a problem in the boot.img, and the dm-verity check. I thought that in the miui eu the verity check is disabled (correct me if I am wrong). Normally my steps for flash are: flash the update, flash magisk.zip, wipe dalvik cache and cache and reboot
can someone you help me???

Hi,

Same problem here on redmi Pro. All of a sudden, when starting up the phone, it gets stuck on Mi logo. I did no recent updates, flashing, rooting, it's a mystery why this happened.

Have you been able to solve it?

I have tried to factory reset, reinstall the latest stable rom from xiaomi.eu, wiped cache and dalvik. All seems to work fine, until you shut down the phone and try to start up. And again stuck in Mi logo. The only way to start is through recovery, wipe dalvik, restart, and then everything seems fine again. Until the next reboot.

Is there any solution?

@ingbrzy as our major expert, maybe you have any suggestion?

Hi,

Same problem here on redmi Pro. All of a sudden, when starting up the phone, it gets stuck on Mi logo. I did no recent updates, flashing, rooting, it's a mystery why this happened.

Have you been able to solve it?

I have tried to factory reset, reinstall the latest stable rom from xiaomi.eu, wiped cache and dalvik. All seems to work fine, until you shut down the phone and try to start up. And again stuck in Mi logo. The only way to start is through recovery, wipe dalvik, restart, and then everything seems fine again. Until the next reboot.

Is there any solution?

@ingbrzy as our major expert, maybe you have any suggestion?
right now I'm in your same situation. I almost try everything. flash from miflash, than reinstall twrp, fresh install of xiaomi.eu rom, flash the dm-verity patch (probably not necessary in xiaomi.eu rom), flash magisk. at the beginning seems ok, but than when switch-off the phone it doesn't boot. I hope @ingbrzy can help us.

I have now followed the below steps taken from the Weekly Rom thread:

1. Disable lockscreen password/security
2. Reboot into twrp recovery
3. Take backup --> I have backed up Data and Startscreen only
4. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
5. Wipe data (just wipe, not format)
6. Install 8.4.26 rom --> instead of this I have installed latest stable rom
7. Restore only data from previous backup
8. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
9. Reboot system

So far it works, but I am afraid to shut down the phone, as it may get in bootloop again....

I have now followed the below steps taken from the Weekly Rom thread:

1. Disable lockscreen password/security
2. Reboot into twrp recovery
3. Take backup --> I have backed up Data and Startscreen only
4. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
5. Wipe data (just wipe, not format)
6. Install 8.4.26 rom --> instead of this I have installed latest stable rom
7. Restore only data from previous backup
8. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
9. Reboot system

So far it works, but I am afraid to shut down the phone, as it may get in bootloop again....
you will only know if it works after a reboot. let us know if work or not

I know, but I don't have time now...so will not shut down until I find a suitable time to do this.

it did not work...

need to go into recovery, wipe dalvik and reboot, then it starts up correctly. This takes about 20 min though, as it gets stuck at a certain % (78% this time) when optimizing. But just let it finish, at a certain point it will move on.

Until we have a solution, I will just not shut down the phone anymore...

it did not work...

need to go into recovery, wipe dalvik and reboot, then it starts up correctly. This takes about 20 min though, as it gets stuck at a certain % (78% this time) when optimizing. But just let it finish, at a certain point it will move on.

Until we have a solution, I will just not shut down the phone anymore...
I am in the same situation, right now I don't switch off the phone...just Flight mode during night

What I wonder, maybe I need to wipe system as well. but will this wipe my data backup file as well?

What I wonder, maybe I need to wipe system as well. but will this wipe my data backup file as well?
you can do a nandroid backup with otg cable to usb to be sure. Anyway I already tried it, after frash install it works ok, but if I restote the backup it start again with the bootloop. Probably ther is some file in the system that cause the bootloop

right now i followed steps suggests from @graw2
"If you have bootloop issue after install update, then follow this steps in this order:

1. Install latest TWRP recovery (if you already have it then skip this step)
2. Boot to TWRP recovery and stay in TWRP recovery until the last step
3. Wipe > Advanced Wipe: Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Wipe Cache, Wipe System
4. Wipe > Format Data (It formats the following partitions: Data, Internal Storage)
5. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
*6. Connect Phone to PC while you are in recovery and copy latest xiaomi.eu ROM.zip to internal storage and then Install ROM
7. Reboot to System

*You can use USB-OTG pendrive or ADB Sideload installation method too as alternative solution to install ROM.zip"

I flash the lastes stable version of xiaomi.eu
after that I also install magisk.zip from twrp and than start the phone
after clean restart I restored a backup from mi cloud (I didn't use the restore option from twrp) and restored important apps with titanium backup (I made a backup before proceed to format)(whatsapp).
Now it seems ok

Thanks for feedback

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

@atk25, Did you try to restart the phone yet? No bootloop anymore?
after one day working ok, yesterday after a reboot start again bootloop. probably I will buy a new phone, really unhappy with this phone. after only one year it is unusable...
right now i have last stable

:(
That is bad luck my friend.
Maybe it works if you don't restore data.

Anyway my next phone if it is a xiaomi, it will be a global version. This way no more hassle with manual updates etc

Update:

Last night I tried all steps as indicated by @graw2 , including formatting the internal drive. Then installed the latest stable version of xiaomi.eu. transferred backup data to phone again, restored, and started up. All fine, until next reboot. Again stuck on MI logo.

So I decided to do another factory reset, but now without restoring data. It worked. rebooted various times without problems. Then I set up the phone again, downloading apps one by one,and configuring them one by one. Afterwards a reboot to check, and it rebooted fine.

However, this morning, when powering on the phone, again bootloop!

So wiped dalvik cache again, and rebooted. I noticed again that at a certain point (this time at 94%), the phone gets stuck for 10 min aprox. Then finishes fine though. I also noticed last night, when installing all the apps, it got stuck at installing Wordfeud Free. The other apps seemed to install fine.

So now I uninstalled Wordfeud, and rebooted. It has rebooted fine for 3 times already.

Maybe it's coincidence, I can hardly imagine an app like Wordfeud to interfere in the rebooting process...