Brick mi 8 after OTA update

reprosius

Members
Sep 30, 2018
Hi guys. such situation. bought the Mi 8 Chinese version with a global firmware. everything was OK, but the OTA update came. without hesitation installed it but after reboot the phone became bootloop in recovery. tried to flash through miflash, an error something like "error hello packed". what is it and how to fix it ?? help me please!

Do you know if your smartphone has the bootloader unlocked? It could help for solving your problem.

I recently bought Mi 8 from china (Aliiiiexpress Mi Global Store ) and It has unlocked boot loader and with hacked global ROM on it.
After installing TWRP-3.2.3-0806-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.11.15_v10-9.zip from TWRP phone won't boot up.
(TWRP_dipper.img recovery ends in boot loop)
After that I fastboot dipper_images_V9.5.11.0.OEACNFA_20180703.0000.00_8.1_cn and phone is working as Cinese ROM
Is there a way to install Xiaomi.eu ROM on my Mi 8 ?

Format Storage prior flashing the rom and you are good to go.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Now I found dipper_global_images_V9.5.13.0.OEAMIFA_20180714.0000.00_8.1_global_819f729f1b.tgz and fastboot "flash_all.bat" phone was preinstalled with this, so I just need to flush TWRP (enter password for accessing /data where my xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.11.15_v10-9.zip resides)
and in Adwanced Wipe options I have:
Dalvik / ART Cache
Data
Internal Storage
Cache
System
Persist
USB-OTG

so i wipe only Internal Storage ?

First time flash requires to format everything (remove encryption) normal xiaomi.eu ota should work without wiping anything.

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Now I found dipper_global_images_V9.5.13.0.OEAMIFA_20180714.0000.00_8.1_global_819f729f1b.tgz and fastboot "flash_all.bat" phone was preinstalled with this, so I just need to flush TWRP (enter password for accessing /data where my xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_8.11.15_v10-9.zip resides)
and in Adwanced Wipe options I have:
Dalvik / ART Cache
Data
Internal Storage
Cache
System
Persist
USB-OTG

so i wipe only Internal Storage ?

Hi
I recommend you to follow this link:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-8-rom-install-instructions.46902/
I manage to install xiaomi.eu rom without any problem. I do recommend the stable version against weekly though, but it is up to you.
TWRP: TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.zip

good luck

Hi guys. such situation. bought the Mi 8 Chinese version with a global firmware. everything was OK, but the OTA update came. without hesitation installed it but after reboot the phone became bootloop in recovery. tried to flash through miflash, an error something like "error hello packed". what is it and how to fix it ?? help me please!

Hi, I had the same issue yesterday,

I fixed it doing a couple of things, first of all download an old ROM version, don't download the latest. Save it in C:// in a short name folder without spaces. Unzip the foldes, sometimes there is a zip in a zip in a zip... so take the last zip and copy that to the folder in C://. The last point is to do it fast, it sounds weird but when i tryed to do it after a few seconds it failed,, connect the phone and flash fast. Remember to clean all, and don´t lock.

Good luck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.