Bricked Mi 11 Ultra

Dr.Evil

Members
Jun 6, 2021
Hi Guys, I'm new to xiaomi.eu, but I have some flashing experience with Samsung Galaxy phones, I have soft bricked my Samsung phones several times but was always able to unbrick them somehow. Now what has happened to me.

1. I got new Mi Ultra 11 Marble white from China with Chinese ROM
  2. I used XiaoMiTool to unlock the bootloader, I had to wait 17 days to be allowed to do it.
  3. Friday last week I Installed latest TWRP using Minimal ADB and Fastboot (twrp-3.5.1-star.img)
  4. I have successfully installed stable xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.5 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.7.0.RKACNXM_v12-11.zip)
  5. Transferred data from my old Galaxy S20 Ultra and seted up pretty much everything on my new MI 11 Ultra
  6. Today I had from actual point bad idea - to try the weekly ☹ (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.6.16_v12-11.zip)
  7. I flashed It via TWRP, I'm not sure if the flash was successful but it looked to me like it was
  8. After flash I have wiped dalvik and rebooted
  9. Since than I'm not able to boot into system, the only thing that works is fastboot, I tried to unbrick it via XiaoMiTool2 by flashing stock ROM
  10. I was not able to coplemete it because it failed on flashing of super
  11. I have bypased flashing of super by removing following line from flash_all.bat
    fastboot %* flash super %~dp0images/super.img || @echo "Flash super error" && exit 1
  12. after doing so, I was able to flash it successfully but it did not help
  13. actually I'm able to get into the fastboot (device does it automatically) and into the EDL mode.
  14. After reading of countless discussions, I think the only way hot to fix my device it to use the EDL mode…
  15. Would you guys have any idea how to unbrick my new wonderful Xiaomi device? Is to possible to use the EDL mode without involving Xiaomi?
    Appreciate any help or advice

Last edited:
You forgot to format data in TWRP...

ALWAYS "Format Data" when switching Stable <-> Weekly ROM by Xiaomi.eu. ;)

Reactions: hoangsang
Thanks for the the reply, next time It won't happen...Any Idea for me what to do?
Sadly, no, you made it worse trying to flash a stock fastboot ROM...

If you can't boot TWRP via fastboot, I have no solution for you but you can pay for an EDL service to unbrick your device...

If the bootloader still unlocked so just boot to the TWRP using adb command and format data and reboot to recovery and transfer xiaomi.eu to the phone and flash it

Reactions: Jimnasium
If the bootloader still unlocked so just boot to the TWRP using adb command and format data and reboot to recovery and transfer xiaomi.eu to the phone and flash it
Not sure if it is locked or not. It goes to fastboot almost instatly after turning on. Booting to TWRP does not work unfortunately.This is the message:

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 4.220s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)
finished. total time: 4.254s

I also had to contact unlock service to unbrick my phone from the EDL. After that, I found there is an engineering ROM available that can be used for recovering from EDL without Xiaomi authorization. Give it a try, I am quite curious if it works, however, not too much to brick my phone once again:)

I also had to contact unlock service to unbrick my phone from the EDL. After that, I found there is an engineering ROM available that can be used for recovering from EDL without Xiaomi authorization. Give it a try, I am quite curious if it works, however, not too much to brick my phone once again:)
It doesn't work, in EDL mode Mi Flash/Unlock app still ask for EDL authentification... :(

It doesn't work, in EDL mode Mi Flash/Unlock app still ask for EDL authentification... :(
Even with the Engineering ROM? They say no authorization is needed for the Engineering ROM.
If yes I am afraid you will need to ask some Russian guy to unlock it for you for some 20$.

Even with the Engineering ROM? They say no authorization is needed for the Engineering ROM.
If yes I am afraid you will need to ask some Russian guy to unlock it for you for some 20$.
I don't have brick issue, I recently tried to unbrick a Mi 11 device from an user here (via TeamViewer). No free solution worked so he contacted a paid "EDL unbrick" service. ;)

Thanks for the advice. This firmware is intended for Mi 11 and as @Poney70 said it probably doesn't work. Can you give me a contact to the unlock service you used? Can you recommend it?

Not sure if it is locked or not. It goes to fastboot almost instatly after turning on. Booting to TWRP does not work unfortunately.This is the message:

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 4.220s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)
finished. total time: 4.254s
Use the MiUnlock tool again and run it again. It works in fastboot. If it is locked it will tell you. Then just unlock again and reinstall TWRP, format and reflash a downloaded xiaomi.eu rom.

Reactions: xNAPx
I don't have brick issue, I recently tried to unbrick a Mi 11 device from an user here (via TeamViewer). No free solution worked so he contacted a paid "EDL unbrick" service. ;)
Why would you have to pay? You can access EDL with the ADB command <fastboot oem EDL> and run the MiFlash tool and flash the current fastboot rom.

As long as your phone boots into fastboot you are good. As many others said just plug your phone into your pc in fastboot mode and run the command to boot into twrp "fastboot boot twrp.img" (or whatever name you used for your twrp image) once in twrp format your data and reboot again into twrp,then transfer the xiaomi eu rom you want to install into your internal storage and flash it. Done!

My problem was solved by a paid service from a Ukrainian guy....it was totaly about 44 USD...He did not do any big magic. He flashed stock chinese rom I downloaded using fastboot (I dont think it was even EDL flash mode) and some command line flash command. If I knew how I could have done it too easily...

My problem was solved by a paid service from a Ukrainian guy....it was totaly about 44 USD...He did not do any big magic. He flashed stock chinese rom I downloaded using fastboot (I dont think it was even EDL flash mode) and some command line flash command. If I knew how I could have done it too easily...
If he didn't ask you to put it in to EDL mode or he didn't use the command prompt to put in to EDL, then he probably conned you but I bet he did it via the command prompt.

If he didn't ask you to put it in to EDL mode or he didn't use the command prompt to put in to EDL, then he probably conned you but I bet he did it via the command prompt.
First of all, everyone is using the incorrect terminology. Your phone isn't "Bricked" if it turns on or it has power. Bricks have no power! An example of a truly "Bricked" phone would be a phone with a fried motherboard. So if you have power and can access fastboot, there's absolutely no reason for EDL, which stands for Emergency Download and it was created in case you could not access your bootloader via fastboot. If, your phone bootloops into fastboot all the time, it merely means there is an issue with your sd cards formatting or some other conflict, which can usually be easily remedied, but it is not "Bricked".

Last edited:
And if you cannot access any recovery because the recovery partition is damaged and fastboot continues to not take a ROM or recovery and continues to return to fastboot after every attempt because the memory is damaged, out of line, no known partition, how do you recover an operating system as a user since Xiaomi removed customer use of EDL download and recovery? It would be good to let us know and save us using a Xiaomi authorised account holder or someone who is able to generate the EDL code for miflash.

Reactions: Mali2
And if you cannot access any recovery because the recovery partition is damaged and fastboot continues to not take a ROM or recovery and continues to return to fastboot after every attempt because the memory is damaged, out of line, no known partition, how do you recover an operating system as a user since Xiaomi removed customer use of EDL download and recovery? It would be good to let us know and save us using a Xiaomi authorised account holder or someone who is able to generate the EDL code for miflash.
How do you know if the pertition is damaged? Because dome guy who wants to charge you money told you? Simply re-format the device. This can be done through booting with TWRP or ADB commands or MiFlash tool, selecting the clean_all. bat option or even with an older fastboot rom from Xiaomi.eu using the first_time_install.bat option. This executes a script using simple ADB commands and reformats you sd card and of course, installs the Xiaomi.eu rom.

I'm only presuming, I don't know what was wrong with his.
Mine, I could not format, access recovery, it would do nothing with any fastboot commands. No script worked, no recovery. Just looped in fastboot. How would you get an os on this without EDL?

The thing is we do not understand the nature of the issue, but what we know is that as long as the phone boots into fastboot and gets recognized by windows/adb you can still flash whatever you want according to the standard processes