Bricked Mi 11 Ultra

I agree in normal circumstances, but something about the 11 ultra is different. Something in the original fastboot EU ROM script And only coming from Stock Chinese created this issue. Nothing worked, don't worry, I and lots here have tried everything using miflash and command prompt / power shell methods. Coming to EU using same script from Global or EEA ( that's all there was then) worked fine. It was just the Chinese to EU that seemed to create this issue
The only resolution was an EDL flash. And to save much heartache to others who may be less knowledgeable, it is a quick process to restore their £1000 to work again.
I still would like to know why this happened and if there is a way of restoring an os but no one has done so yet. The EDL guy even said that nothing else would work in this situation. I know he has a vested interest for my £23, but does anyone else know why it happened or what happened to this model and only in that process?

Reactions: LOLO9393
Well this should be asked to Xiaomi EU developers, definitely something was wrong with first versions

I agree in normal circumstances, but something about the 11 ultra is different. Something in the original fastboot EU ROM script And only coming from Stock Chinese created this issue. Nothing worked, don't worry, I and lots here have tried everything using miflash and command prompt / power shell methods. Coming to EU using same script from Global or EEA ( that's all there was then) worked fine. It was just the Chinese to EU that seemed to create this issue
The only resolution was an EDL flash. And to save much heartache to others who may be less knowledgeable, it is a quick process to restore their £1000 to work again.
I still would like to know why this happened and if there is a way of restoring an os but no one has done so yet. The EDL guy even said that nothing else would work in this situation. I know he has a vested interest for my £23, but does anyone else know why it happened or what happened to this model and only in that process?
MY version is the Chinese version as well and I have installed every version of rom that is available. The issue isn't the EU rom script. The script merely contains fastboot commands. Those commands will not do anything to your device. So if there was an issue, it's probably a user issue.

MY version is the Chinese version as well and I have installed every version of rom that is available. The issue isn't the EU rom script. The script merely contains fastboot commands. Those commands will not do anything to your device. So if there was an issue, it's probably a user issue.
So many users with same issue? And only from the Chines stock and no other version? No one has any idea why but it has only been this version of phone., the 11 Pro that uses same ROM had no issues in the same use.

Well this should be asked to Xiaomi EU developers, definitely something was wrong with first versions
EDL is locked:
For other models like Samsung or LG, accessing EDL mode and rerunning ROM is very easy with software like Odin, LGUp, etc.

Xiaomi has made 2 adjustments to combat EDL abuse.
1. EDL can only be used if there is a Mi account authorized by Xiaomi.
2. Block boot into ROM if the ROM version is not correct with the market version of the device (Chinese machines cannot boot international ROMs and vice versa)

If the phone has been Hard Brick by enabling ARP, there will be only 2 ways to solve it:
1. Take to authorized Xiaomi service centers to unbrick with EDL
2. Pray to bypass EDL or get a licensed Mi account to unbrick yourself.

So many users with same issue? And only from the Chines stock and no other version? No one has any idea why but it has only been this version of phone., the 11 Pro that uses same ROM had no issues in the same use.
So many people are doing things wrong. Look if your bootloader is unlocked, it doesn't matter what you flash, the CN, Global EEA, IN, INDO or Xiaomi.eu rom. the scripts are all basically the same. Xiaomi with MIUI was a third party rom developer before they actually started making hardware. They started as a software company that made roms you could flash on your Nexus or whatever back in the day. They are not doing anything differently and if you not how to work with the current configuration created by people like Google (Android), meaning A/B partitions, etc.., you shouldn't have any difficulty, but there is an influx of users that really have no clue as to what they are doing. They say things like their phone is bricked when it isn't and because they really don't know what they are doing, they are willing to shell out money for their errors.

Back when I started noobs, as that was what we were called, were told to go search before we asked questions and that is how many of us learned. Nowadays, I see little searching, if any. People will just complain that it doesn't work and pay someone to fix it. I bet you didn't search the Internet for any possible solutions to your problem or perhaps you did search, but called it what it wasn't. Using terminology like bricked and all the people that take advantage, said all sorts of things to get you to give them money. That's kind of like auto mechanics that take advantage of motorists that don't truly know how an engine works. They sell you on thousands in repairs when it could be a simple twist of a screw in the carburetor that adjusts the air/fuel mixture.

You still don't answer me, how would you get out of this error?
I had a similar problem when testing phones for Acer as a hardware beta tester way back when Android was a baby. I then had to do the equivalent of an EDL flash to restore it way back then. There was no other way sometimes and it seems there still isn't.
If I knew or anyone else knew how to recover from this fastboot issue coming from Chinese stock to EU, they would have spoken out. Even the Devs don't know, so please don't just ask people to search for an answer. The answer in this case unfortunately, was an EDL flash unless you know different? If not, then just agree that this was and remains the only option for this particular model so others who suffer it, can just get on a recover their phone.

Reactions: LOLO9393
You still don't answer me, how would you get out of this error?
I had a similar problem when testing phones for Acer as a hardware beta tester way back when Android was a baby. I then had to do the equivalent of an EDL flash to restore it way back then. There was no other way sometimes and it seems there still isn't.
If I knew or anyone else knew how to recover from this fastboot issue coming from Chinese stock to EU, they would have spoken out. Even the Devs don't know, so please don't just ask people to search for an answer. The answer in this case unfortunately, was an EDL flash unless you know different? If not, then just agree that this was and remains the only option for this particular model so others who suffer it, can just get on a recover their phone.
I have answered you but you fail to understand. If you can access fastboot, all you need to do is reformat you storage (sd card). Then either use the MiFlash tool or ADB to flash TWRP. The easiest way is to download a fastboot rom from Xiaomi.eu to your PC. Then connect your device while in fastboot. From your PC, via a command session, run the <windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat> file. The script in this fastboot file will reformat your sd card. After the installation is complete, you can install anything you wish to flash. Either one of the stock roms using the <Clean_all.bat>option in the MiFlash tool or ADB command to flash TWRP and then install a custom rom, such as Xiaomi.eu or MiMix.

I worked in IT for 30 years, have since retired and phones are my hobby. I have owned six Xiaomi phones. The Mix 2 and 2S, The A2, Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 10 Pro and now the Mi 11 Ultra and have never ever had an issue that I couldn't easily fix myself and required me to pay another to fix, such as EDL, which is merely another way to flash your software and does not require payment to someone to do it for you. The ADB command <fastboot oem edl> will place the phone in fastboot mode which can be flashed using MiFlash and a stock rom.

The thing is buddy many people don't know what they are doing and since they either don't have the knowledge nor the confidence to fix such issue that they involuntary did it themselves,they start panicking and using wrong word such as bricked or bootloop for issues easily fixable

Reactions: Jimnasium
Let's just leave it there then. No one has the answer. Let's just say that mine and many others could not get any fastboot commands to complete. It looked good but would only reboot back to fastboot. So no format, no twrp. Yes, I know you should be able to, but many of us just couldn't for what ever reason, obviously no one here knows or the Devs or they would have said, but they didn't comment, only saying that there scripts should work and they did on the 11 Pro but not on the 11 Ultra.
If it happens again on another phone but I doubt it, I will message you to get your opinion. But EDL cannot be flashed by anyone without an authorised account now. It was stopped by Xiaomi. I can reboot to EDL, I had to to get it flashed but without the access code, you cannot flash anymore. But for now we will have agree to disagree.

Let's just leave it there then. No one has the answer. Let's just say that mine and many others could not get any fastboot commands to complete. It looked good but would only reboot back to fastboot. So no format, no twrp. Yes, I know you should be able to, but many of us just couldn't for what ever reason, obviously no one here knows or the Devs or they would have said, but they didn't comment, only saying that there scripts should work and they did on the 11 Pro but not on the 11 Ultra.
If it happens again on another phone but I doubt it, I will message you to get your opinion. But EDL cannot be flashed by anyone without an authorised account now. It was stopped by Xiaomi. I can reboot to EDL, I had to to get it flashed but without the access code, you cannot flash anymore. But for now we will have agree to disagree.
If you can access fastboot, then you can still use ADB. Heck even EDL uses ADB commands. The basic difference between regular fastboot and EDL is how your PC views your device. If you couldn't use ADB or other fastboot tools, then that's because you didn't utilize the internet to find the answer. The answers are out there, you just have to search for them. Devs would not have saidanything regarding this. They don't have time for these user issues, they are too busy working on real issues. If there really was an issue with the rom they developed, then they would have weighed in. However, since there wasn't... So for right now, we will just have to agree that some of us know and others don't.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: parfum78

good job

This is a rip off as you can still flash in fastboot if your bootloader is unlocked! All you have to do is run the Miunlock tool again, ree-unlock the bootloader if accidentally locked and flash the rom, making sure not to relock the bootloader while flashing!

This is a rip off as you can still flash in fastboot if your bootloader is unlocked! All you have to do is run the Miunlock tool again, ree-unlock the bootloader if accidentally locked and flash the rom, making sure not to relock the bootloader while flashing!
This is my video . and I beg you very much .. If you have no knowledge, please do not accuse others of falsification. 1) On video phone flashing through EDL mode. Through EDL mode, you can do flash only if you have a service account with developer rights.
2) I can connect the phone to EDL mode without removing the cover and with a locked bootloader. This procedure also requires a special program and service access. 3) If Mi 11 ultra stuck in fastboot - the problem is not solved by firmware via fastboot mode, even if the firmware process is completed successfully ...
To solve this problem, you need to do flash Via EDL mode ...
What you said that it is not possible to make flash through fastboot if the bootloader is locked is true ...
But as I said, there are other ways to solve the problem .... And it's better not to tell anyone if you are not competent in these matters ..... I have bad English .... Sorry for the mistakes

This is my video . and I beg you very much .. If you have no knowledge, please do not accuse others of falsification. 1) On video phone flashing through EDL mode. Through EDL mode, you can do flash only if you have a service account with developer rights.
2) I can connect the phone to EDL mode without removing the cover and with a locked bootloader. This procedure also requires a special program and service access. 3) If Mi 11 ultra stuck in fastboot - the problem is not solved by firmware via fastboot mode, even if the firmware process is completed successfully ...
To solve this problem, you need to do flash Via EDL mode ...
What you said that it is not possible to make flash through fastboot if the bootloader is locked is true ...
But as I said, there are other ways to solve the problem .... And it's better not to tell anyone if you are not competent in these matters ..... I have bad English .... Sorry for the mistakes
If it isn't legal, what does that make the people doing it?

Great job . You restored my phone yesterday

First of all, everyone is using the incorrect terminology. Your phone isn't "Bricked" if it turns on or it has power. Bricks have no power! An example of a truly "Bricked" phone would be a phone with a fried motherboard. So if you have power and can access fastboot, there's absolutely no reason for EDL, which stands for Emergency Download and it was created in case you could not access your bootloader via fastboot. If, your phone bootloops into fastboot all the time, it merely means there is an issue with your sd cards formatting or some other conflict, which can usually be easily remedied, but it is not "Bricked".
This is basically my phone. I'm surprised EDL uploaded as there's no life in the phone outside of the beep on a computer when the USB plugged in. I don't even know if it charges anymore (usb stopped charging overnight day 3 or so.. wireless does a green light.. but no life on phone)

After the EDL flash, it still had no life and dude refunded.

I need to find someone who mail the phone from china as my local couriers/post will not touch the phone for less than $200 usd.