[BUG] Bluetooth Skipping on Mi 8, MIUI 11 (9.10.24)

TempleTerry

Members
Oct 29, 2019
I've been having an issue which is definitely related to the Xiaomi.eu rom. When I'm using Bluetooth to play music in my car, sometimes the song playing will randomly skip around and play back much faster than it's supposed to. This was also happening when I was using MIUI 10 on the Xiaomi.eu rom. I know this is an issue with the Xiaomi.eu rom because:
1) The issue happens on all audio playing on the device through Bluetooth (it's not an issue with my music player)
2) The issue only happens with my phone. I've tried different phones and devices on my car's receiver (even other Xiaomi phones) with no issues. (it's not my car's receiver)
3) The issue went away when I switched to the Xiaomi official global rom.

This problem is super annoying, and it's been around for quite awhile now. If any extra information is needed please let me know, I can provide. I will record a video of the problem and post it here.

After a minute or two of playing audio the problem seems to go away, but you have to sit there and listen to skipping and sped-up music for a minute. Extremely annoying.