New Bug in country code prefix

john helliwell

Members
Nov 15, 2013
Hi

Most of my phone numbers are stored in the +44 number format so they still work when I'm out of the UK. But my phone (Cube 5H a5300 with MIUI 3.10.25) on it doesn't seem to be able to match incoming numbers when they don't have the +44 (so any number calling me from the UK while I'm in the UK).
So if I leave a number in my phone book at +44 1234 567891 and that number calls me it won't recognise them as being in my phone book so their name doesn't come up. If I change the number to remove the +44 to then the phone matches up the number to the phone book and gives me the stored contact info, but I can't do this as I have friends in different countries and their numbers won't work without the country code.
Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Hello Friend, I have some issue like this:
I have saved my contact as 0159745XXXX, and when he calls me appear identified, but when I call from out of town you need to add the code 015159745XXXX, however outgoing calls in the name will not appear only the number of the person.

I used XIAOMI MI2S 13.12.06 language PT-BR

That problem exists since older versions and still not fixed. I edited all my contacts, add country prefix to all numbers...

I have a similar problem but only in messaging (Xiaomi Mi-2s). It recognizes sms from the same number (where one instance has country code and one does not) as being from different numbers and also it doesn't match the number with the contact name.

Hello, colleagues!
I have a similar problem in SMS (Xiaomi Mi-2s).
ROM WiUi v5 JB 3.12.13
Please share some solutions for this issues.

There's no solution other than add the country code for each number and you start the sms conversation. I've found an application, it's in another thread (look in my messages).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1. Root the machine.
2. Install Busybox Installer from Play Store.
3. Install sqlite3
4. Use adb shell to log in to the machine.
5. Using the sqlite3 function:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db
6. Execute this two command:
UPDATE data SET data4=replace(data4, '+84', '0'), data1=replace(data4, '+84', '0'), data_version=data_version+1 WHERE _id IN (SELECT data._id FROM data LEFT JOIN raw_contacts ON (data.raw_contact_id = raw_contacts._id) where account_id=1 AND mimetype_id=1 AND data4 LIKE '+84%');
UPDATE raw_contacts SET dirty=1, version=version+1 WHERE account_id=1;
7. Toggle contact sync.

Note that please replace '+84' with your country code. And also search in table accounts for the account you need to modify. In my case, I want to modify the xiaomi account only.

1. Root the machine.
2. Install Busybox Installer from Play Store.
3. Install sqlite3
4. Use adb shell to log in to the machine.
5. Using the sqlite3 function:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db
6. Execute this two command:
UPDATE data SET data4=replace(data4, '+84', '0'), data1=replace(data4, '+84', '0'), data_version=data_version+1 WHERE _id IN (SELECT data._id FROM data LEFT JOIN raw_contacts ON (data.raw_contact_id = raw_contacts._id) where account_id=1 AND mimetype_id=1 AND data4 LIKE '+84%');
UPDATE raw_contacts SET dirty=1, version=version+1 WHERE account_id=1;
7. Toggle contact sync.

Note that please replace '+84' with your country code. And also search in table accounts for the account you need to modify. In my case, I want to modify the xiaomi account only.
Are you use xiaomi phone? :D

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Just want to confirm the same SMS bug, on the following platform:

Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Firmware: multilang V37.0 from Xiaomi.eu

From the looks of it, this can be solved only if reported upstream (ie, to en.miui.com directly). Does anyone know if a report has been made there?

PS: I don't really understand why some call it Hongmi and others call it Redmi. When I got the phone from minideal, in the "about phone" page it mentioned the model as a Redmi. When I fastboot flashed English Chinese stable 36.0 it still remained Redmi. But after flashing the multilang V37.0 from xiaomi.eu, it became Hongmi. Oh well :)

Seriously now, this is an old problem, affecting quite a few users out there! From the looks of it, submitting a bug regarding miui core functionality here on xiaomi.eu is not useful at all: noone can actually work on it.

Furthermore, it's not that the SMS sender is never shown. At some times it is shown, but when getting back to the SMS list again, the sender name/surname is replaced by his phone number. If one tries again, the phone number might be replaced by the SMS code. And so on, and so on...

Can someone submit this to be fixed upstream? Unless of course this is a bug ONLY on the multilanguage version of miui (ie, does not appear on the official),...

number fixer by maplekey company on google play
ALL guys with contact name not displayed can use the above app and solve their porblem.
I was also facing the same problem and it worked like charm