Resolved Bug on Launcher - Weekly 22.9.7

gogocar62

XM12 Tester
Apr 22, 2021
Poco F3 - Weekly version 22.9.7
Launcher problem, Big gap between the dock and the first row of icons.
Desktop settings, basic theme / icons 5x7

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Bez názvu.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
Reactions: Lyteka
If it's a design choice, then it's a very stupid and impractical decision.
Although at Xiaomi such a decision appears often. :D

Reactions: Lyteka
I'm thinking, I'm thinking, but I can't figure out what sense (advantage) this decision was supposed to bring to users. :emoji_poop: I only see the downsides.

Weekly ROM 22.9.14
Hmm. So they didn't remove the abomination. :emoji_sob:

Attachments

• 1663256549330.jpg
    1663256549330.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 123
You guys still didn't figure it out? Okay, I got this problem in the past as well , the SOLUTION at least for me it was to play with DPI untill that gap gets small again.

Reactions: Bec de Xorbin
You guys still didn't figure it out? Okay, I got this problem in the past as well , the SOLUTION at least for me it was to play with DPI untill that gap gets small again.
Thanks, that worked for me too. For some reason I cannot revert back to 384 dp, it changes to 376 dp and reboot won't change that.

EDIT: Value 392 reverts back to default 384 and the big gap returns so this is not a solution but a workaround.
EDIT2: Curiously 391 goes to 384 also and the gap disappears...

Last edited:
From official Xiaomi forum:
"Problem should be fixed next week"

We will see...
Hi Orjon, thx for the info. If Xiaomi pushes a fix for the above, will you release another stable version including it?

There is another temporary workaround. Turning lite mode on and off.. it disappears, but reappears after reboot or wallpaper/theme change.

Bug reintroduced in 22.12.8 at least on Mi 11i (haydn).
Still the same on 22.12.19. Hopefully it won't stay like this, I don't want to add any indicators or Google search bars, they mess my homescreen. Fortunately DPI change still works and it's virtually unnoticeable.

Reactions: Gonox