Resolved BUGs - Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 - 2.4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas you think next week we can get a stable ROM for the SGS2? I am holding out for this rom harder than my nuts when having sex to not premature ejaculate. But I need to know if it will be stable like the one from adyscorpious but want to use the rom from here cause Mark freaks out every once in a while and that's entertaining to me. Please let me know if any major changes will be made for next release. Thanks.

DUDE, bugs are problems pertaining to the ROM itself, if you can use for example GO KEYBOARD, which is MUCH BETTER by the way, and can download their languages, then this is not a BUG, just SWYPE being naughty and you probably need to uninstall swype and then just install it again and try again. BUGS are problems that affect the ROM without third party program intervention.

I find this bug on my GS2-9100: change theme, apply with font and reboot caused my phone could not boot anymore. It was not happened with GB. Please help fix it.

When using Browser app, in some scenarios when I was working with multiple tabs (open / close, etc) the address bar has disappear. Then I've pressed Menu - Setting and closed settings and address bar was back.

Just updated. Dunno if it's been mentioned, but still unable to download apps in the background. It keeps saying unable to install to SD card or something akin to that. If I stay on the install screen in the Play Store it works just fine, but otherwise it throws an error. Also, FC on Settings>About>status.

Edit: Also, can't get most of my apps to use 3G data even though I have it with my plan and a handful of apps (IM+ pro, MangaWatcher's update manga feature, and email) do. Calls/texts/MMS works, but no proper data...

OK here is what i read up and did:
Simply remove your google account from your accounts and set it up new... if it says that it was succesful but wont do anything u have to restart the phone and set ur google account up again and voila u can download apps again ;)

Anyone else having problems with the torch locking on???? I'm finding occasionally when i press the menu button the light latches on and the only way to turn it off again is to long press the menu button again. I'm sure that the torch is supposed to momentarily switch and not be latching.... I don't have a logcat for this, as I've not worked out how to do them yet. :eek:(

The location services aren't working. My Foursquare app simply refuses to find my current location, and just won't do it, on Wi-Fi or on GPRS. I'm unable to figure out what is wrong.

The location services aren't working. My Foursquare app simply refuses to find my current location, and just won't do it, on Wi-Fi or on GPRS. I'm unable to figure out what is wrong.

Never mind.. I forgot to turn on location services. :( It's working fine, not a bug!

Cannot get into Market via wifi with Connection Timed Out error but 3G OK to connect. In 3G mode, I cannot download apps due to file too big error. In GB, I can press start now to download but cannot do it in this ROM. Please tell me what happened and how to fix :(

Error: could not be downloaded due to an error. (196)

-- sent from GS2

Anyone else having problems with the torch locking on???? I'm finding occasionally when i press the menu button the light latches on and the only way to turn it off again is to long press the menu button again. I'm sure that the torch is supposed to momentarily switch and not be latching.... I don't have a logcat for this, as I've not worked out how to do them yet. :eek:(
Same for me(if it's when you wake the phone).

Another problem that still persist, is that numbers don't show up as a contact. But not on all numbers, just some :S
For example, contact Adam with number "070 11 22 333" dont show up as Adam, it just show up as "+46 70 11 22 333" when calling or reciving sms.

Fricking annoying as it's been 2 updates since ICS :(

SGS2, 2.4.6
MIUI phone/message

*EDIT*
Thanks for cleaning up the thread!

Same for me(if it's when you wake the phone).

Another problem that still persist, is that numbers don't show up as a contact. But not on all numbers, just some :S
For example, contact Adam with number "070 11 22 333" dont show up as Adam, it just show up as "+46 70 11 22 333" when calling or reciving sms.

Fricking annoying as it's been 2 updates since ICS :(

SGS2, 2.4.6
MIUI phone/message
Yeah, it's on wake-up. Fricken annoying when it does it when someone calls. Also if I don't notice it the phone gets a tad hot.......

Hi there,

I have a problem with VPN connection (PPTP). It doesn't work. I've checked everything, my username works, other clients from other phones (SGS2, like mine) work but mine won't. When I enter the information it just says "Connecting" and then "Unsuccessful".

I think this is a bug because the exact same settings worked on the same phone with ICS and GB ROM-s before and I am able to connect to the VPN right now with other SGS2 with ICS.

Has anyone had the same problem?

And yeah, the battery lasts WAY less then since I transferred to MIUIv4

Cannot get into Market via wifi with Connection Timed Out error but 3G OK to connect. In 3G mode, I cannot download apps due to file too big error. In GB, I can press start now to download but cannot do it in this ROM. Please tell me what happened and how to fix :(

Error: could not be downloaded due to an error. (196)

-- sent from GS2

I have exactly the same issue .... I love MIUI and this is the only reason why I'm not able to use it as daily .... hope someone can fix this !

I have exactly the same issue .... I love MIUI and this is the only reason why I'm not able to use it as daily .... hope someone can fix this !
If you read the thread someone already answered.
Open Downloads>Menu>Settings>uncheck Data download promt OR Change File size to desired amount

It can also be that you have to unmount y our SD card>install/update program>mount SD.

And it's not a bug, it's for people who don't got data plans.

Did anyone experienced problem with browser, that menu bar disappears in some scenarios?

I've also noticed that some contact names are not displayed in call log, only number is visible.

I've got a rather strange bug. Ever time i exit an app and return to the home screen, the icons and the widgets seem to redraw themselves. This is kinda annoying. Is this a known bug?

I also experience random reboots.
For example, one happened WHILE I was talking on my phone! WTF?

If you read the thread someone already answered.
Open Downloads>Menu>Settings>uncheck Data download promt OR Change File size to desired amount

It can also be that you have to unmount y our SD card>install/update program>mount SD.

And it's not a bug, it's for people who don't got data plans.

It is a bug, because it should ask whether or not you still want to download but it doesn't. Error messages with no explanation is always a bug.

It is a bug, because it should ask whether or not you still want to download but it doesn't. Error messages with no explanation is always a bug.
This has been brought up before and they say it's not a bug.
Because to do that, they apperently have to make a program FC or something similar, therefore the error. But I assume they will change it.

i have one problem.. when i get a new message and i open it from the unlocker bar, the buttons wont work (in the message window), i cant reply.. maybe some of you had this issue also...

not sure if this is already reported, sometimes, Torch is random activated in lockscreen and cannot be turned off, need to open Torch app and manually turning if off, i was wondering why my phone was warm and noticed the LED light is on, been happening since i flash back to MIUI

This has been brought up before and they say it's not a bug.
Because to do that, they apperently have to make a program FC or something similar, therefore the error. But I assume they will change it.
Then their definition of a bug is faulty. You absolutely don't need a FC to call it a bug.
not sure if this is already reported, sometimes, Torch is random activated in lockscreen and cannot be turned off, need to open Torch app and manually turning if off, i was wondering why my phone was warm and noticed the LED light is on, been happening since i flash back to MIUI
Yes, it has been discussed here: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/2-3-30-flashligh-on-when-unlocking-sgs2.16039/

Status
Not open for further replies.