Calendar And T9 Suggestions Show Indian Info?

wagedu

Members
Aug 30, 2016
Hi,
I'm running Multi 6.8.25 and the same problem I found in previous versions is still there:

The Calendar is filled with foreign festivities (some Indian, some muslim) that I can't delete. If I select the event it shows the title "Festival". I have tried with all calendars disabled (holidays, Birthdays) Even reinstalling without google accounts or sync. The foreign festivities are still there.

Also, when I use the dialpad, it shows Indian yellow pages suggestions.
How can i get rid of it? It's not just annoying, it fills up my calendar rendering it a mess.

I have nothing against those holidays, in fact I googled most of them and find 'em wonderful. But not to be in my calendar.

Hopefully someone in this helpful community can show me a light :)
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-01-01-00-45-011_com.android.calendar.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-01-01-00-45-011_com.android.calendar.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: sHawTY and alexp3
I thought I was the only one having this issue
I've had this issue both on MIUI V7 & MIUI V8

I'm in Malaysia and I've never picked Indian holidays in my Google Calendar

So, I don't know exactly how but I solved it.

I installed Google Calendar.
In its calendars list, I could see "owner_account_local" calendar. It's important to note that this calendar didn't appear in my default Calendar app.
So I disabled it ("owner_account_local" calendar) from within Google Calendar. Then I went back to the default Calendar app... and the foreign holidays had disappeared.
Afterwards I even uninstalled Google Calendar and everything seems fine so far :)

I don't know where the problem came from, but it seems Google Calendar solved it.

Hope it helps