can HL2 and Portal be played on Mi Pad?

Schrauff

Members
Aug 4, 2014
For the last week I'm struggling with running either of these 2 game titles. Both of the games are V30, both of them can startup on mi pad. Issue is the controller. I have tried with bluetooth gamepad (F600) and with keyboard connected through OTG cable. I have tried to run it on stable and developer ROM, with and without ROOT.
In the main menu of the game I can go up/down with both controller and keyboard, to enter a sub menu I press enter. Now the problem starts here. In every sub-menu the keys from the controller and keyboard don't work anymore. When I press start game, the menu select episode opens. From there I cannot start the game, no matter what combination of keys I use.
I suspect the SHIELD controller has different key bindings, or uses different keyboard in the background than the rest of controllers. Both games were originaly designed for SHIELD devices, but does anybody knows how to get the game running on Mi Pad? I saw some gameplays on youtube, so it should be possible.
Is there a way to re-configure stock controller key bindings to match the SHIELDS key bindings, or any other solutions?

For the last week I'm struggling with running either of these 2 game titles. Both of the games are V30, both of them can startup on mi pad. Issue is the controller. I have tried with bluetooth gamepad (F600) and with keyboard connected through OTG cable. I have tried to run it on stable and developer ROM, with and without ROOT.
In the main menu of the game I can go up/down with both controller and keyboard, to enter a sub menu I press enter. Now the problem starts here. In every sub-menu the keys from the controller and keyboard don't work anymore. When I press start game, the menu select episode opens. From there I cannot start the game, no matter what combination of keys I use.
I suspect the SHIELD controller has different key bindings, or uses different keyboard in the background than the rest of controllers. Both games were originaly designed for SHIELD devices, but does anybody knows how to get the game running on Mi Pad? I saw some gameplays on youtube, so it should be possible.
Is there a way to re-configure stock controller key bindings to match the SHIELDS key bindings, or any other solutions?

I can play half life 2 with xbox 360 wireless controller, I had to do some extra configuration, but it works, check this thread:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531

I think the only way to play this game is with a 360 controller or dual shock 3. I've tried with us bt joystick app but the game doesn't recognize the controller