Can OEM ulcoking be turned off after EU rom install?

makatanav

Members
Nov 15, 2021
Hi community,
Have successfully flashed my CN Mi 11 Ultra to EU 12.5.20. Finally Google Pay working, no unnecessary CN stuff etc
One thing wanting to find out
My local banking app refuses to allow biometric authentication cause OEM unlocking is turned on.
The question is, can the OEM unlocking under Developer options be turned off? Will it not break something?

Hi community,
Have successfully flashed my CN Mi 11 Ultra to EU 12.5.20. Finally Google Pay working, no unnecessary CN stuff etc
One thing wanting to find out
My local banking app refuses to allow biometric authentication cause OEM unlocking is turned on.
The question is, can the OEM unlocking under Developer options be turned off? Will it not break something?
You can, it is disabled in EU rom. (DEV said it)
Also, Rename of delete TWRP folder if any.
Edit: you have better to disable dev option at first and check with your bank app.

Reactions: makatanav
You can, it is disabled in EU rom. (DEV said it)
Also, Rename of delete TWRP folder if any.
Edit: you have better to disable dev option at first and check with your bank app.
Will I be able to do further EU updates from TWRP?

turned off OEM unlocking under Developer options, and now everything fine :emoji_thumbsup:
wanted to be sure before doing.
big thanks.
case slosed

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_103929.jpg
    IMG_20210806_103929.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
Is it okay to update future xiaomi.eu rom versions even if the OEM unlocking option is turned off?

Is it okay to update future xiaomi.eu rom versions even if the OEM unlocking option is turned off?
if you already are on xiaomi.eu it doesnt matter if its on or off because i am pretty sure actually locking it again on xiaomi.eu is not possible (turning it on or off doesnt actually do anything on xiaomi.eu, in terms of actually locking it that is) unless you maybe do some tinkering i dont know about

if you already are on xiaomi.eu it doesnt matter if its on or off because i am pretty sure actually locking it again on xiaomi.eu is not possible (turning it on or off doesnt actually do anything on xiaomi.eu, in terms of actually locking it that is) unless you maybe do some tinkering i dont know about
The reason im asking is because when I flashed to xiaomi.eu rom (v12.5.12--Odin), OEM unlocking is enabled by default. Wondered it could affect future xiaomi.eu rom flashing update.

Thanks!