Can we dirty flash updates xiaomi.eu ?

h.moudlige

Members
Apr 16, 2021
I've two question :
1- can we install xiaomi.eu update directly without wiping anything (dalvic/cach/system/data), or do we have to wipe something to have everything working perfectely (i don't want to loose data and re-install apps every week)
2- after flashing the rom, do we have to flash Dm-verity-encription
(Please excuse me to post this thread, i know that maybe the answers exist already, but it's my first time to install xiaomi.eu, and i've never updated it before)

I've two question :
1- can we install xiaomi.eu update directly without wiping anything (dalvic/cach/system/data), or do we have to wipe something to have everything working perfectely (i don't want to loose data and re-install apps every week)
2- after flashing the rom, do we have to flash Dm-verity-encription
(Please excuse me to post this thread, i know that maybe the answers exist already, but it's my first time to install xiaomi.eu, and i've never updated it before)

1- Ok it's easy,
If you go from beta to beta or stable to stable, you should not format anything.
But if you jump from beta to stable, or from stable to beta, in that case if you have to format.

2- I never use Dm-verity-encryption
But @Poney70 knows a lot, he can answer that one.

Reactions: h.moudlige
Hello there! :)

1- You can wipe dalvik/cache after flashing a ROM update, it never hurt (no data loss). But is it benefical? I don't really know... ;)

2- Only flash the ROM (and "Format data" if it's your first Xiaomi.eu ROM install). Avoid to flash useless things... ^^

Reactions: h.moudlige
Finaly, I've tried to dirty flash, from UI updater (from settings) but the phone booted into recovery, and even I choose in recovery to boot into system, it continued to boot into recovery until I've added dm-verity to memory (from PC via usb), and I've flashed 2 files : xiaomi.eu and dm-verity, and the phone booted to system, with all my apps and settings was there

Do you guys know if a dirty flash wipes /system ?
If not, is it possible to do that without loosing data ?
Thanks

Do you guys know if a dirty flash wipes /system ?
If not, is it possible to do that without loosing data ?
Thanks
When you flash Xiaomi.eu ROM, this overrides /system and /vendor partitions in order to install the ROM. ;)

Your data is stored in /data partition and it will never be wiped if you flash Xiaomi.eu ROM in TWRP. :)