Cannot pass strong integrity because of XiaomiEU Injector?

[ro.product.system_ext.model]: [AOSP on ARM64]

I suppose this is a lie then...
It comes from Qualcomm/Xiaomi, we don't change it...
1723627808973.png

Yes, you are not right. Everything regarding MIUI/HyperOS base is closed source, we don't have any access to Xiaomi sources. Even if system_ext is based on AOSP, there are still many changes on Xiaomi's side (and it's not necessarily to be purely AOSP, Qualcomm also modifies AOSP code).

Yes, you are not right. Everything regarding MIUI/HyperOS base is closed source, we don't have any access to Xiaomi sources. Even if system_ext is based on AOSP, there are still many changes on Xiaomi's side (and it's not necessarily to be purely AOSP, Qualcomm also modifies AOSP code).
I didn't say it was open source, I said it is based on AOSP which is true, you even said it yourself. I didn't say it was AOSP without any modifications obviously

Nope, patching engineGetCertificateChain is required and I'm not about to add "persist.sys.pixelprops.pi", this prop has nothing to do with our ROM.
Also, the fact that you said "if source built" means you don't even know that MIUI/HyperOS-based ROMs are not built from source (it doesn't publicly exist).
I'll reiterate what I said: We provide the ROMs as-is, if you're trying to use a pirated keybox to pass Strong Integrity, have fun, we don't endorse it and definitely don't provide support for it. Adding that prop will imply that we endorse illegal usage of leaked keyboxes.
Your comment makes no sense. Since trickystore works just fine on stock and it seems that XEU way of injecting a fingerprint is what messes up the usage of keyboxes. So you choose to endorse illegal use of fingerprint and condone the use of keyboxes? Kind of hypocritical.

Reactions: AlfaX
Your comment makes no sense. Since trickystore works just fine on stock and it seems that XEU way of injecting a fingerprint is what messes up the usage of keyboxes. So you choose to endorse illegal use of fingerprint and condone the use of keyboxes? Kind of hypocritical.
Yes, your ignorance is the reason you don't differentiate between these two things.
A build fingerprint is not a piece of copyrighted material that's cryptographically protected. It's completely exposed to the phone user.
A keybox is [supposed to be] a highly protected piece of data that should never reach the public's eyes, because its leakage means the devices that use it are exposed to malicious intrusion.
Do your homework before you reply, I'm not a teacher.

P.S. I asked ChatGPT to give a summary for why using a leaked keybox is essentially piracy, enjoy.
Using a leaked keybox from one phone on another can be considered a form of piracy or unauthorized access. The keybox contains cryptographic keys that are intended to secure a device's data and operations, and using it without proper authorization could be illegal. It can violate intellectual property laws and the terms of service or end-user license agreements set by the device manufacturer.

If you're exploring this topic for legitimate reasons, like security research, it's important to follow the proper legal channels, such as working under a responsible disclosure agreement or in a controlled, lawful environment.

Yes, your ignorance is the reason you don't differentiate between these two things.
Thank you for the lesson, I understand the difference just fine. No one's asking you to include leaked keyboxes in your build, just so it works the same way as in stock ROM. After that it's up to users to do as they please and no concern of yours.

Reactions: Coziness9968
Yeah saw the other thread too and the props change does seem sketchy - what if G turns around and start blocking that prop. Might just become another rabbit hole from there. Totally see XEU's point - seems good thinking.

But maybe a middle ground is to just let the users decide what works? I mean with the dev branch being discontinued some users might be left strangled with the current non-stock way of removing DG's access. If G suddenly decides to push an update to GMS tomorrow removing passing device altogether it kinda would be extremely unfortunate for normal XEU users. Not a very professional opinion but just my two cents.

But maybe a middle ground is to just let the users decide what works?
That was always my point. For example, I was against adding the inject inside the ROM, but XEU did that, breaking some other stuff in the process even if you never use it and disable/delete it.

Yeah saw the other thread too and the props change does seem sketchy - what if G turns around and start blocking that prop. Might just become another rabbit hole from there. Totally see XEU's point - seems good thinking.

But maybe a middle ground is to just let the users decide what works? I mean with the dev branch being discontinued some users might be left strangled with the current non-stock way of removing DG's access. If G suddenly decides to push an update to GMS tomorrow removing passing device altogether it kinda would be extremely unfortunate for normal XEU users. Not a very professional opinion but just my two cents.
That was always my point. For example, I was against adding the inject inside the ROM, but XEU did that, breaking some other stuff in the process even if you never use it and disable/delete it.
Our only priority is unrooted users. If you're rooted, you can patch out anything you want and make a module out of it.
Any "solution" you can think of will eventually be blocked. That's why I was always against including ANY kind of workaround in the ROMs.
Oh, and if that would have affected the "popularity" of the ROM, I personally would not care, not trying to be a celebrity.
My solution to Google Pay not working has always been not using Google Pay. I can live with a card, I don't see the problem with that.

Our only priority is unrooted users. If you're rooted, you can patch out anything you want and make a module out of it.
Any "solution" you can think of will eventually be blocked. That's why I was always against including ANY kind of workaround in the ROMs.
Oh, and if that would have affected the "popularity" of the ROM, I personally would not care, not trying to be a celebrity.
My solution to Google Pay not working has always been not using Google Pay. I can live with a card, I don't see the problem with that.
It's not only Google Wallet, there are many apps that requires Play Integrity, even ChatGPT for some reason.

If we're rooted, sure we can patch it and make a module, but we at least need to know where the problem comes from. FP is not an issue because it's included in the app (current one is for sailfish, just need to extract the apk to get the XML so no issue there). Now what's the issue? It's not a question of owing anything to rooted users, as you said, you don't owe us anything. It's a question of kindness.

Imagine being a stranger in a city for vacations and you're lost, you want to ask someone for directions but they reply to you "If you're here for your vacations I expect you to know where you're going" and go away, would you like this? They don't owe you to give directions but they sure can be kind and give you directions. If you're not being kind, you're being rude, which is exactly what you are to root users.

I hope you can understand that and that you don't treat strangers that asks for directions the same way you treat root users.

• Haha
Reactions: MeiGuddet
It's not only Google Wallet, there are many apps that requires Play Integrity, even ChatGPT for some reason.

If we're rooted, sure we can patch it and make a module, but we at least need to know where the problem comes from. FP is not an issue because it's included in the app (current one is for sailfish, just need to extract the apk to get the XML so no issue there). Now what's the issue? It's not a question of owing anything to rooted users, as you said, you don't owe us anything. It's a question of kindness.

Imagine being a stranger in a city for vacations and you're lost, you want to ask someone for directions but they reply to you "If you're here for your vacations I expect you to know where you're going" and go away, would you like this? They don't owe you to give directions but they sure can be kind and give you directions. If you're not being kind, you're being rude, which is exactly what you are to root users.

I hope you can understand that and that you don't treat strangers that asks for directions the same way you treat root users.
This guy already pointed out where the incompatibility with Tricky Store happens.

Thank you! This makes total sense. Actually I used to be an unrooted XEU user who only got on here because of the niceties that come with having things debloated while still being able to use my bank (which detects root sadly). However, the apps started crashing like crazy since three months ago because of the whole debacle with this play integrity. From stuff I read on xda and what the google engineers are saying on twitter, it seemed this will only get worse. Could we not please just fully rid ourselves of the half-working workarounds like how it used to be?

When the old injected fps expired I had to repeatedly temporarily root and then get shamiko and pif to get around these issues - at this point it seems we might as well just resort to external methods as the sources all say the fps won't last us very long. I had a think about this last month and was going to get on the weeklies to do this more easily, but they were just recently discontinued. I wonder if there could be another way out here?

Last edited:
Basically it seems unfair on the devs for having to deal with this stuff at all, and you end up upsetting innocent users when things broke too. Just seems to be a lose-lose situation where it'd have been way better to just set the users' expectation straight from the beginning.

I mean... I bet most of the people had to go through the trouble of BL unlock to get here. Surely won't be that hard for them to understand google won't certify ROMs not originated from the OEM? Unless we were trying to make a case to compete with Xiaomi's ROMs here.

please just fully rid ourselves of the half-working workarounds like how it used to be?
I just hope the devs do it before EOL of my device or I'll be stuck with a broken Play Integrity without a way of fixing it myself because of the way XEU has implemented a workaround. With the only option of switching to other ROM of course. If they don't want to mess with PI, keyboxes and Google, that's completely fine by me. I even welcome this, I'd rather have a clean ROM instead of having to disable inject after install. My only hope is they don't break what's not broken.

Reactions: kikmyaz
This guy already pointed out where the incompatibility with Tricky Store happens.
I would normally say thanks but not this time.

• Haha
Reactions: ekzeshka
I just hope the devs do it before EOL of my device or I'll be stuck with a broken Play Integrity without a way of fixing it myself because of the way XEU has implemented a workaround. With the only option of switching to other ROM of course. If they don't want to mess with PI, keyboxes and Google, that's completely fine by me. I even welcome this, I'd rather have a clean ROM instead of having to disable inject after install. My only hope is they don't break what's not broken.
You don't represent the majority of our users who are not interested in messing with root.
And again, you do have a way of "fixing" it if you patch the framework JAR yourself.
"I'd rather have a clean ROM", but you still root? That makes no sense.
In any case, the fate of our Play Integrity workaround is not in my hands.
I'm not the one who benefits from spoofing Play Integrity or bootloader unlock status.

I would normally say thanks but not this time.
Oh no, that makes me so so sad.

Unfortunately, your link does not have much to do with the topic discussed here.

Your link describes the normal way of using trickystore and playintegrity fix to get STRONG integrity.

But that is not the point here. xiaomi.eu uses a proprietary patch to get DEVICE integrity, which prevents the way shown here from working.

The way you described only works on xiaomi.eu by removing this patch from framework.jar.

Reactions: AlfaX