Cannot update to JHBCNAL5.0 (assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device" == "HM2013023" error)

Chrobert

Members
Dec 10, 2013
Hi
I got an Hongmi WCDMA and I want to update it to stable V5 but without success
I'm able to install or re-install these 2 roms without problems:
miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2​
or
miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAH4.0_jb-4.2​
but not the last stable one:
miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAL5.0_jb-4.2​
even the official downloaded on the official site
miui_HM2W_JHBCNAL5.0_8197122014_4.2​
I always got an error
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device" == "HM2013023" || "ro.build.product" == "HM2013023"
I tried with different recovery and got always the same error
- CWM V5 english WCDMA
- MIUI RECOVERY WCDMA 1.0
- TWRP 2.5.0.0
I also tried CWM V6 english WCDMA (touch) but i got problem with the detection of my SD card
I fully wiped (all the wipes possible with TWRP) many times
Did someone got an idea?

its easy solution.

open the zip file, do not unzip, OPEN IT, and navigate to
META-INF > com > Google > android

- Rename the file updater-script to updater-script.doc
- Double clik to open it and delete this line
du1x.jpg

- after deleting the line, save and close de file.
- Rename the file back to updater-script and close the zip.
- Flash the rom and voilá ;)

Reactions: Chrobert
it shouldn't happens with twrp cuz ro.product.device is set as HM2013023 in default.prop (as updater script wanna see)
i successfully installed miui_HM2W_JHBCNAL5.0_8197122014_4.2 and miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAL5.0_jb-4.2 for test using twrp

I had that assert issue, I installed the twrp and didn't solved. The solution I found was as I mentioned above.

it shouldn't happens with twrp cuz ro.product.device is set as HM2013023 in default.prop (as updater script wanna see)
i successfully installed miui_HM2W_JHBCNAL5.0_8197122014_4.2 and miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAL5.0_jb-4.2 for test using twrp

I think it is checking the property in the default.prop in the TWRP boot image. And that is not HM2013023 as I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Didn't work either with twrp or cwm recoveries until I correct the file as mentioned

Okay, Thanks pjovp it works
Just here it's my step-by-step for my Hongmi WCDMA
1) Install last found developper version to have root
miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2
(You may have to do a "wipe all" if you came from stable 4)​
2) Install TWRP 2.5.0.0 recovery (should work with other) with MobileUncle
3) Modified miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAL5.0_jb-4.2 as proposed in post #3 by pjovp
4) Transfer the modified_miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAL5.0_jb-4.2 zip file in the phone
5) reboot in TWRP recovery
6) flash the modified_miuiandroid_multi_HM2013023_WCDMA_JHBCNAL5.0_jb-4.2
(uncheck the zip signature control since it's not the orginal rom anymore)​
7) Reboot and it works :)

Since there is no more signature to secure the file, be sure that you have downloaded your source rom from a secure place (directly from xiaomi.eu for the multi for example)

I still don't know why it did not work with the official rom but this workaround did the job thanks again pjovp

BR

Christian

why you did all this exactly???
don't tell me that was to try to preserve the root, because there is already a roo.zip that works with the stable versions.
You just have to install the rom and after flash the roo.zip, easy as that lol

Just now I have tried to install the lastest 4.1.24 and I got this error:

E: Error executing updater binary in zip /sdcard/xxxxxx
Error flshing zip /sdcard/xxxxx

Looks like with miuiandroid this is a lotary as up to now every rom has diferent instalation requirements, OMFG.
Who the hell does this things exactly?

Thanks

Just now I have tried to install the lastest 4.1.24 and I got this error:

E: Error executing updater binary in zip /sdcard/xxxxxx
Error flshing zip /sdcard/xxxxx

Looks like with miuiandroid this is a lotary as up to now every rom has diferent instalation requirements, OMFG.
Who the hell does this things exactly?

Thanks

Where did you get a 4.1.24 weekly version for HongMi?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Well, so something changed in the file available for download, because this one I can't install by any means so I suppose that is just to install with stock recovery

why you did all this exactly???
don't tell me that was to try to preserve the root, because there is already a roo.zip that works with the stable versions.
You just have to install the rom and after flash the roo.zip, easy as that lol
I did a return to a rooted version like 3.12.13 to be able to (re-)install TWRP, Stable4 is not rooted and to change the recovery the root access is needed.
After having flashed Stable5 and verified that it works well, I install the root.zip you proposed in another thread and now I have a Stable5 with root access.

I think it is checking the property in the default.prop in the TWRP boot image. And that is not HM2013023 as I recall correctly.
yes, in twrp boot image this values are set properly. The only one thing i can assume - WCDMA twrp installed in TD phone, or TD twrp installed in WCDMA phone

yes, in twrp boot image this values are set properly. The only one thing i can assume - WCDMA twrp installed in TD phone, or TD twrp installed in WCDMA phone

I see the problem now:
TWRP in your thread on http://en.miui.com/thread-13092-1-1.html the properties are right indeed. Should work with this version and assert in updater-script.

But in TWRP from http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-recovery-can-be-installed-with-stock-or-cwm-recovery.23316/ the properties are NOT set right. Should not work with this version and assert in updater-script.
I also thought this was a copy of your TWRP (maybe an old one).

So to avoid assert problem, use TWRP from here.

So to avoid assert problem, use TWRP from here.

I tried to re-install the (original?) TWRP proposed by glsf91 over mine (I boot in recovery and flash the proposed zip file)
and now it works as expected, I can flash directly downloaded rom without modified them.
Definitely an error in my previous proprieties

Thanks for all your help
Christian