Can't Access Twrp Or Usb After New Rom

bkard

Members
Apr 2, 2017
Hi,

I flashed a new ROM (MIUI 8.3 7.3.16) to my MI4C using TWRP.
everything worked fine and the ROM is working well.
But now I can't access TWRP anymore.
pressing volume up+power just restarting the phone and then it goes off.
Moreover the phone is no longer recognized when I connect it to USB.
I can charge the phone or copy images but can't fully access the storage.
Anyone has any idea what could caused it?

Note: I tried to flash a newer ROM earlier to this using the "update from package feature" in the updater but I still see my older version. maybe this is what caused all those problems?

Really could use your advice guys.

Can you please refer me to step-by-step guide to what should I do please?
Didn't know that flashing a new ROM will relock my bootloader...

From what I understood by your replays I need to
1. Install phone drivers with MiFlash (any link you can recommend?)
2. check if my phone is looked using fastboot oem device-info command thru CMD (all I need to do is to connect my phone to USB or should I enable something first?)
3. unlock my bootloader using MI Unlock Tool (can I do it without contacting xiaomi?)
4. Flash a new TWRP for android 7
5. Then I'll be able to update my ROM

I got it right?

Reactions: vladpaul
I haven't officially unlocked my phone, it was unlocked as it is.
I think I'm screwed... I don't receive verification SMS messages from xiaomi (already contacted their support, but I dont think they will do anything about it) so I can't even ask for unlock thru their form...
Is there any other way to unlock my phone without xiaomi?

Exactly. As sayed my friend iamme729. Just one more detail i wish to complete, install please in your laptop/pc ADB & FASTBOOT DRIVERS, after this tick permission on your phone when is conected with your desktop and you will send commands via CMD.
Sorry for my bad english, in my school i learned only franch and russian languages, I hate it this 2 useless languages. I love english but i learn too slow.

I haven't officially unlocked my phone, it was unlocked as it is.
I think I'm screwed... I don't receive verification SMS messages from xiaomi (already contacted their support, but I dont think they will do anything about it) so I can't even ask for unlock thru their form...
Is there any other way to unlock my phone without xiaomi?
For officialy bootloader unlock must wait few days. If you want to unlock it fast must install from download mode one cn fastboot rom version unrared and flash it in download mode with MiFlash.
Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys!
one question though, if I downgrade my ROM to official one, then unofficially unblock it, then flash the unofficial ROM from here, won't my phone be blocked again?

Reactions: vladpaul