Invalid Can't disable "USB Connection" notification

Trần Anh

Members
Aug 6, 2014
Screenshot_2019-07-13-09-26-51-272_com.android.settings.jpg

I always connect phone to computer about 8hr/day, this notification is annoying me
I disable this before, since xiaomi.eu dev 8.x version, and updates still keep it disable

About May, I must clean install my phone, and realize I can't disable this notification.Not sure can't disable from which version. I go back to 9.1.1, still can disable this from this version
I disable this and updates still keep it disable again, until 9.7.11

This image is from 9.1.1
Screenshot_2019-06-24-02-20-35-026_com.android.settings.png

And this is from 9.7.14, and other version which can't disable
Screenshot_2019-07-13-09-27-06-462_com.android.settings.jpg

Reactions: user 672
This is not a bug. We used custom notification settings back then, so you could enable/disable whatever you wanted.
In recent months we're using the original untouched notification settings.
As annoying it is may be to you, this is the official MIUI behavior (including the inability to disable the notification). You may want to complain directly to Xiaomi.

@Igor Eisberg I don't know you're using untouched Settings.apk. And It's not a complaint. "Annoying" just the reason I decided to write this down.
As you said, you're using untouched settings for this recent month, but this setting lost from some previous version. 9.2.28, as I remember.
So, if it's possible, can you add back this custom setting? Thanks

@Igor Eisberg I don't know you're using untouched Settings.apk. And It's not a complaint. "Annoying" just the reason I decided to write this down.
As you said, you're using untouched settings for this recent month, but this setting lost from some previous version. 9.2.28, as I remember.
So, if it's possible, can you add back this custom setting? Thanks
Not possible. Our patch is no longer valid. I might be able to unrestrict disabling of notifications instead, but not high on the priority list.

EDIT: Unlocked the ability to disable all kinds of system notifications. Hopefully, people don't abuse this and disable stuff they really shouldn't.

Not possible. Our patch is no longer valid. I might be able to unrestrict disabling of notifications instead, but not high on the priority list.

EDIT: Unlocked the ability to disable all kinds of system notifications. Hopefully, people don't abuse this and disable stuff they really shouldn't.
Thanks very much. Tell me if I can help :D

It would be nice to disable this annoying USB notification
sorry I just noticed, this forum is about a custom ROM (I have the global version)

Last edited: