Cant use usb mass storage with mac and few other questions

e-r-a-n

Members
Jan 4, 2013
I just got my Mi2 :p
But its not recognized by the macbook air.
only with the parellals win7 i have.
I tried installing the android file transfer app, but it freezes once i load it..
any suggestions?

Also, a bunch of other small questions
do i need to backup imei folder? if so, what is recommended?
isnt there auto brightness feature?
the lang pack is entirely for system menus? - the hebrew pack's dialer T9 isnt working and thats all i want..so sticking with english only will still get me hebrew support, yes?

I just got my Mi2 :p
But its not recognized by the macbook air.
only with the parellals win7 i have.
Sorry no experience with MAC+Android
Any way what you want to do with this?
for simple file transfers use builtin FTP server in MIUI File expolorer or have a look at airdroid in play store.

hi hadron,
i forgot to update, but last night i found that the "android file transfer" is vital, and the version i had installed had some issues.
i updated it and it started working.
however, i dont understand why drivers are needed for this phone. other android phones, when loaded as mass storage, doesnt require anything..

One new question,
I noticed my proximity sensor doesnt work, any ideas why? :(

Actually this changed with JLB. In JLB most of the phones only with internal storage option dont have Mass Storage mode. One advantage is that storage can be used on computer to copy files and it is also available to phone at same time! but it also have some disadvantages like driver requirements etc.

and i assume transfer rate is slower.
tell me, does your proximity sensor works well?
And gmail sync? i dont receive notifications on time...and when i go to sync options i see it last sync was few minutes earlier
and auto sync is on, both in settings & gmail app

and i assume transfer rate is slower.
tell me, does your proximity sensor works well?
And gmail sync? i dont receive notifications on time...and when i go to sync options i see it last sync was few minutes earlier
and auto sync is on, both in settings & gmail app
Maybe a little but not so much slower.
Gmail sync working normal as the proximity sensor. Are You using screen cover? Some people had trouble with this. Which was solved by punching hole at proximity sensor place

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Really? The issue is even with clear screen protector only?
Its problematic to punch a hole when is already on the screen :-(

Really? The issue is even with clear screen protector only?
Its problematic to punch a hole when is already on the screen :-(
Screen protector from xiaomi already have hole. If you want proximity sensor back ;) then you Have to puch a hole.

If you need to retrieve files from a USB storage device, it is as easy as using this dependable utility designed to perform USB data recovery. This software scans the sectors of an external device to locate and recover these items:
  • accidentally deleted files
  • corrupted data
  • formatted USB drives
  • lost or erased files
A recent USB drive corruption or unexpected power outage can wreak havoc on your data. Even a simple file deletion may result in the loss of something important that you desperately need to retrieve. A software specially designed for USB recovery for Mac offers a reliable approach to quickly salvage your data. It can easily locate files on a USB device for quick retrieval. Whether deleted, corrupted, or erased during formatting, this program provides an opportunity to safely get your information back.