carrier name eating the whole notification bar

LaurentBon

Members
Feb 5, 2013
I don't really know if it is normal behaviour but the carrier name is eating the whole notification status bar. When I receive emails or texts, there is no room to display the gmail or text icon. How can I fix this? Perhaps the carrier name all together?
Thanks
l

I don't really know if it is normal behaviour but the carrier name is eating the whole notification status bar. When I receive emails or texts, there is no room to display the gmail or text icon. How can I fix this? Perhaps the carrier name all together?
Thanks
l
what is your carrier name..? add screenshot... thx

Screenshot_2013-02-06-07-01-24.png

As seen above, carrier name displayed is "Vodafone United Kingdom" Ridiculously long..

it must be something with miuiandroid rom... when i installed JBL11 with miflash my carrier read "MTN" (which is the correct one) and after i installed miuiandroid rom 3.2.1 it reads "Simobil" ... before when i was using miuiandroid 3.1.1 it was "Areeba"

If I remember right I ran into the same issue - you can try to use a file explorer app, browse to /system/app, remount /system read-writable, look for the control panel APK (don't remember the exact name) and change it's permissions to match all other apps in /system/app (= rw-r-r). That worked for me last time I tried.
EDIT: Reboot neccessary after changing the permissions, forgot that one.

If I remember right I ran into the same issue - you can try to use a file explorer app, browse to /system/app, remount /system read-writable, look for the control panel APK (don't remember the exact name) and change it's permissions to match all other apps in /system/app (= rw-r-r). That worked for me last time I tried.
EDIT: Reboot neccessary after changing the permissions, forgot that one.

Worked perfect Mialwe! Thank you for you help, no carrier name anymore which is fabulous.
L

the permission of control panel apk is not set correctly with the updater-script. i'll fix it this friday, sorry for that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

haha i got this to on last fridays rom!!!

Used to say O2-UK
Now says

Telefonica O2-UK LIMITED

fml

I have the same problem with my carrier in Greece. I am using JBL11 and the carrier name as displayed is "COSMOTE-Mobile Telecommunications S.A." instead of Cosmote
Screenshot_2013-02-11-12-22-57[1].png
GR. Can i change it somehow or i have to flash 3.2.8?

I believe it doesn't work in v5 as I asked in the mod forum and they said to wait.
I only get "Vodafone UK"but it's enough to prevent all but one symbol notification appearing.
I agree it's somewhat (very) annoying!

I really don't need to see my carrier name at all let alone at the expense of notifications.

Reactions: lekzzz
Thanks, but I'm a bit scared to install apk with random names.
Did it few years back and it didn't play nice with my old legend phone.

Where is it from please?

:cool:

Thanks, but I'm a bit scared to install apk with random names.
Did it few years back and it didn't play nice with my old legend phone.

Where is it from please?

:cool:

Its from Chinese Forums (miui.com), Created by Miui Developer for costumize carrier name, I forgot his name.