Change MI 9 Motherboard

emilienrh

Members
May 18, 2020
Hi everyone,
My mi 9 does not turn on. The phone has'nt suffered any shock or oxydation. A reparator said the motherboard is dead, they can't do anything for me.

Is it possible to change the motherboard of a mi 9 ? Who can do it ? What is the price for this operation ? Should I buy a new phone ?
Thanks ?

you're probably better off leaving the device as it is and in particular when roms flashing and/or other " non-regular " activity of any kind had not occurred , then start a reseller warranty claim and eventually escalate to manufacturer warranty claims , depending on where you bought your smartphone, you may also be required to document the issue with pictures and YT clips, then you'll be getting a replacement.

NOTE:
in case you wanted to " OEM unlock " and then flashed a customized rom, you will need to verify with the manufacturer and to learn and understand whether those operations actually made your device warranty void [ 2yrs legal warranty ], in a latter case, you may still try restarting your phone and then enter recovery partition, finally wipe [ factory reset ] your device' storage but that only occurs when the smartphone actually powers on [ you may want to add more details on those statements you wrote earlier ]

marc

My mi 9 does not turn on.

Last edited:
Hi @werewolf2 , thanks for your answer.

Unfortunatly my phone was bought on the refurbished market and it is no more under warranty.

How can could "OEM unlock" and flash another ROM my phone while it does not work (impossible to turn on the phone, phone not recognize by the computer, etc.)

Thanks,
Emilien

when you mentioned " mi 9 won't turn on " , it didn't mean exactly that a device can't power on at all. sometimes , you end up with a smartphone that starts loading software and the OS [ operating system / firmware ] , then the smartphone won't complete a " boot cycle " [ " power on cycle " ]
we , in fact, also experienced situations when a device will only charge on a wireless charger pad however, the very same device/smartphone connected to a wall charger and with a USB cable [ data cable ] won't trigger charging cycle.

[ above situation may be in connection with liquids / fluids coming in contact with the logic board. ]

with regards to your specific issue, we would recommend to start with ensuring your cables [ USB data cable ] and the charger actually work the way they should and you have three separate elements , generally speaking , charger , USB cable and a smartphone thus personally, we would test a cable and a charger with a different and compatible device to find out nothing is wrong with those accessories.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help @werewolf2 ,
Of course i tried to change the charger and the usb cable.
The problem come definitively from the motherboard. An phone reparator confirmed.
My question was can i do something to repare the phone or should i buy a new one ?
Thanks

hi ! emilienrh

we read that very first post you wrote and when you mentioned a repair shop you made inquiries with, then confirmed logic board is damaged however, we don't know them [ we don't know that repair shop you went to ] and we don't even know where they are, in fact, you may as well be in a better position to evaluate their expertise but we can't trust that repair shop , and quite simply because we have no clues whether they're actual experts.

now ... we know your USB cable [ data cable ] and charger work and next step is to eventually establish whether your smartphone " suffers " from a battery issue or something more serious with the logic board needs replacing. depending on whether that repair shop you went to, has actually taken your smartphone apart in front of you then you may be in a position to also make that assessment, to learn and understand whether they have given you back your own smartphone, rather than someone else's while also allowing them [ that repair shop ] to extract those working components from your actual handset.

NEXT:
we wouldn't advise you to break a smartphone into pieces yourself though, battery replacement may be operations to be performed by a repair shop with actual experts and yet the logic board replacement also requires a second and identical handset [ a smartphone by the same make and same model ] also, expert hands are yet required to fit the new logic board.
consider in addition, depending on how much money and time you're willing to spend while trying to recover [ repair ] that handset you now own , you may want to start searching for battery replacements and then eventually also search for a second-hand smartphone you will need to swap logic boards [ try eBay ]
this last step above described though, is very much depending on factors that only you may consider with a appropriate manner, for instance... you may also take into account the urgency for a replacement handset, unless you already have a spare one you can use for a few weeks.. if you only need to replace the battery , you may then be able to also achieve data recovery and given some information in the smartphone were not backed up in the cloud in addition, other conditions you may consider are the " value " or money you paid when you made that purchase of your own smartphone and yet also consider for how long you had that device.
briefly ... your job requirements always play a " big deal " when making decisions to just buy a new phone or making attempts to repair the one you have already.

An phone reparator confirmed.

Last edited:
Hello brother, please help me.I have had the same problem as your phone.My phone does not work at all, even the notification lamp that indicates that the battery does not contain an adequate source of electricity My phone is completely cut off electricity.Let me know how you repaired your phone because my phone is the same type as your phone and it has the same problem and I am sorry I do not speak English well.I speak Arabic thanks for understanding