Change (physical)Keyboard layout

Don't know if this is helpful, however:
when you click on set up keyboard layouts and you see the list of all the languages, select ONE layout (if you select more than one layout, it will stay with the previous layout), then, tap the arrow in the top left corner.

Xiaomi 10T MIUI global 12.5.3
physical keyboard 1byone with touchpad

With this trick I was able to switch from the german QWERTZ layout to an italian QWERTY layout, however, the special letters does not match. For example, if you press "è" it gives you "[" which should be given by pressing AltGr+"è".
Anyone knows how to fix? please not a manual remap of each key, all the special character to the side of the keyboard have this issue.

I tested the same keyboard with my samsung tablet S6 Lite (same app microsoft swiftkey and same layout italian) and it worked perfectly fine! All the letters are typed correctly even with shift and AltGr. So this should be on Xiaomi side.
Yes, this is exactly the problem. It switches the "letter" keys but not the special characters, especially keys between P L and ENTER.

Did you find a solution?
Nope. To my knowledge there isn't one, except for Xiaomi to fix it in their roms... Still reporting the bug every now and then in the bug report section of the device, and still getting no reply. Yeah...

Looks like the problem of Xiaomi MIUI and European language layouts of physical keyboards has been fixed with the latest MIUI 13.1.2 . I am finally getting my Ž as in Žiga, also čšž, and I am sure you will find umlauts instead of [ and ] too.

Looks like the problem of Xiaomi MIUI and European language layouts of physical keyboards has been fixed with the latest MIUI 13.1.2 . I am finally getting my Ž as in Žiga, also čšž, and I am sure you will find umlauts instead of [ and ] too.
Great news... for others. The Mi pad 5 (EU) is still stuck on 13.0.6, and has been for a while now. But I'm glad the problem was fixed on other devices. Maybe one day, I will be able to use my genuine keyboard. One day... ;)

OMG, you are right! I wasn't able to update the device via the normal system page, but I was able to download it (OTA) and install it manually. IT WORKS!!! éàèöäü... Yeah!!! Finally!

Thank you for letting us know about this, and well credit where credit is due: Thank you Xiaomi for finally fixing this issue! Bravo!

I encountered a similar problem on the Redmi Note 9 Pro. The problem was the same - in the settings of the physical keyboard, it was impossible to select the layout. By trial and error, I determined that the bug can be bypassed if the physical keyboard layout menu is changed by using physical keyboard keys - down, up, enter. In this case, miui remembers the changes and you can select any necessary layouts. The language changes, in my case, with a combination of command and space.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-03-18-23-04-283_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-03-18-23-04-283_com.android.settings.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_2023-01-03-18-32-53-776_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-03-18-32-53-776_com.android.settings.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2023-01-03-18-33-04-253_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-03-18-33-04-253_com.android.settings.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 139
I encountered a similar problem on the Redmi Note 9 Pro. The problem was the same - in the settings of the physical keyboard, it was impossible to select the layout. By trial and error, I determined that the bug can be bypassed if the physical keyboard layout menu is changed by using physical keyboard keys - down, up, enter. In this case, miui remembers the changes and you can select any necessary layouts. The language changes, in my case, with a combination of command and space.
The problem that you have or had with your Redmi 9 pro phone here is O.T. (off topic) as we discuss Xiaomi 10 in all its variants. If you want to have an answer (and not increase the number of posts) open a new TRD in the right section.

Many thanks.