Changing from Cyanogenmod 10.0.0 to MIUI

SImon NIelsen

Members
May 9, 2013
Hi there,

Tried changing to MIUI from Cyanogenmod on my HTC One S, but it did not go as planned. I cleared cache + dalvik + factory reset and installed the miui zip, but reboot only gave me the default HTC splash screen and then the phone turns off.
Tried to flash it twice with same result.
I read that you have to lock it and install stock HTC rom before changing to MIUI - is that true. Ant advice?

Hi there,

Tried changing to MIUI from Cyanogenmod on my HTC One S, but it did not go as planned. I cleared cache + dalvik + factory reset and installed the miui zip, but reboot only gave me the default HTC splash screen and then the phone turns off.
Tried to flash it twice with same result.
I read that you have to lock it and install stock HTC rom before changing to MIUI - is that true. Ant advice?

Try to flash only boot.img from the same ROM. On my old DHD it would be "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from fastboot usb

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Did you solve this?
I had a similar problem on my S2, even though the devices are different I had to install a stock ROM with Odin, then Root it, then install MIUI, It was very bizzare, coming from certain Rom's to others causes this. I've come from other CM based Rom's to MIUI and vice versa and never had a problem. If it seems like a ball ache try flashing a different Kernel first.