Invalid Changing lock screen after applying a theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXTwoThou

Members
May 31, 2019
At first it was just frustrating, now it's making me want to throw my phone across the phone.

Mi9 Transparent Edition. I like the theme but I don't like the lock screen. Just installed 9.6.5, restored local backup. Of course, the theme doesn't restore. Go to themes, search for "Mi9 TE", apply. Applied just fine. Go back to wallpapers, select my image, select to apply to lock screen. Nothing. Doesn't change the animated theme lock screen. Do it again, nothing. Do it 5 times, nothing. Do it again, but select to apply to both lock and home screen, home screen changes but lock screen doesn't. Do it again with selecting both, previously, it would change the lock screen, now I've done this probably 20 times with 9.6.5 and still can't get away from that damned themed lock screen. Previous builds it only took two or three times to get it to stick(the fact it was two or three times should have been reason enough to toss the phone)

The only way I can get past the inability to change my lock screen away from the Mi9 TE theme is to go to live wallpapers and select one of them as both, then I can go back and select one of my pictures.

I seriously don't see what the problem is.
First: Themes -> My account -> Customize theme -> Lock style, set to Default
Then you can set whatever lock screen wallpaper you want...

Reactions: drherdman
So I'm supposed to load an app to change my lock screen and wallpaper? Why does Settings->Wallpaper->Local photos->Click photo->Apply->Set Both exist then?(since, you know, that's the logical way to change a system setting)

So I'm supposed to load an app to change my lock screen and wallpaper? Why does Settings->Wallpaper->Local photos->Click photo->Apply->Set Both exist then?(since, you know, that's the logical way to change a system setting)
Probably because the theme you're using has a custom lock screen style, which doesn't support wallpapers.
We're not responsible for Xiaomi's design choices and how their device-exclusive themes behave.

Just for your information... Settings -> Wallpaper launches a part of Themes app as well...

Okay, I'll file a bug report for Xiaomi's themes app(once I figure out where to)
What for? I just told you that certain themes don't support lock screen wallpapers (like the Mi 9 exclusive theme). It's not a Themes app issue, it's a theme design choice.

Because a logical action by a user does not have the intended result and no notification as to why it doesn't have the intended result.

If a theme doesn't support lock screen wallpapers, it should not allow going to select one or at least notify the user "Current theme does not support lock screen wallpapers" when attempting to select one(Or, better yet "Theme has lock screen wallpaper locked, do you wish to unlock it and apply this?"). It should also be consistent with said lock.

Here's the procedure from a users perspective that triggers the word bug in my brain "I go to wallpapers, I'm given 13 groupings to select from, if I go to some of them, it allows me to select but doesn't do anything, but if I go to others, it allows me to select and it works. After I hit one that works I go back to the area that previously didn't and now it too works."

Reactions: iamme729
Because a logical action by a user does not have the intended result and no notification as to why it doesn't have the intended result.

If a theme doesn't support lock screen wallpapers, it should not allow going to select one or at least notify the user "Current theme does not support lock screen wallpapers" when attempting to select one(Or, better yet "Theme has lock screen wallpaper locked, do you wish to unlock it and apply this?"). It should also be consistent with said lock.

Here's the procedure from a users perspective that triggers the word bug in my brain "I go to wallpapers, I'm given 13 groupings to select from, if I go to some of them, it allows me to select but doesn't do anything, but if I go to others, it allows me to select and it works. After I hit one that works I go back to the area that previously didn't and now it too works."
Well, OK... hope you get a solution from Xiaomi.

Reactions: NXTwoThou
Status
Not open for further replies.