Changing Rear Camera Glass

Applepie2

Members
Jul 13, 2016
hi, im using my mi4 since almost 2 years. never used any protection for it(cover or anything else) and now i recognize my rear camera lens is quite scratched, and this is really noticeable when it comes to shoot a photo or record a video. i dont want to return it as i got only this phone by now and the seller said it could take up to 1 month, and its too much time. just asking, anyone has the same prob? is there a way to recover the lens?(seen some videos about the htc m8 lens getting repaired, wondering if will work on mi4 too), or a reliable eu store that sells a replacement part for that?

I know that in aliexpress sold cameras for mi4 , but i dont know what , if with the sony or samsung sensor

Hello Applepie2,

I just ordered Mi4 back camera protection for my phone, since I was ordering screen for my wifes Mi2s from China. What I was looking at videos from disassembly of Mi4 it should not be a problem replacing this part which is mounted on plastic which is covering battery under back cover. I assume it will arrive in about 3-4 weeks and I can confirm it to you then. This item is not expensive, IIRC it costs $5...

edit:
I hope it is allowed to link a youtube video. If not let mod delete it and OP can contact me for info.

Look at part which is taken off at 1:35, this camera protection is located on this part and I assume it is easy to replace. Here is link at video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hello Applepie2,

I just ordered Mi4 back camera protection for my phone, since I was ordering screen for my wifes Mi2s from China. What I was looking at videos from disassembly of Mi4 it should not be a problem replacing this part which is mounted on plastic which is covering battery under back cover. I assume it will arrive in about 3-4 weeks and I can confirm it to you then. This item is not expensive, IIRC it costs $5...

edit:
I hope it is allowed to link a youtube video. If not let mod delete it and OP can contact me for info.

Look at part which is taken off at 1:35, this camera protection is located on this part and I assume it is easy to replace. Here is link at video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you get back camera protection for Mi4 and was it easy to replace it?

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you get back camera protection for Mi4 and was it easy to replace it?

Thanks for the feedback.
yep, i ordered the back camera glass, replacement was super easy, some minor screwdriver skills needed aha. once removed the back panel u need to remove the back frame and u get access to the camera glass, its only glued so you will also need some 3m adhesive or glue to keep the glass in place once u replaced it.
hope it helps ^^

Reactions: jc rey
yep, i ordered the back camera glass, replacement was super easy, some minor screwdriver skills needed aha. once removed the back panel u need to remove the back frame and u get access to the camera glass, its only glued so you will also need some 3m adhesive or glue to keep the glass in place once u replaced it.
hope it helps ^^
thanks for the info :D

Reactions: jc rey