Charge Time Tripled

gigi cox

Members
Oct 31, 2016
My phone use to fully charge in about 1h 30min. Yesterday, last charge took me 5h 50min. Do not understand what happen all of the sudden. I did not update the phone or made any change to settings. I even use the same charger provided by Xiaomi. Anyone know a good explanation. Thanks
MI 5s 128gb

Well, quick charging is disabled if the temperature of your device is/gets relatively high. But then it'd take 2.5 hours max to fully charge it, no way about 6 hours. It could be a problem with the battery.
Try to charge your phone when it's relatively cool and see if the issue persists.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Your cable is most likely damaged. Try changing cables and it should be fine. I've had damaged cables and they charge very slowly and can also cause damage to your battery

Reactions: ptitpuma
I did try to charge my phone when was cool, around 29 degrees. Nothing change. Same 6h 20min charge time from 9% battery.
Tomorrow I will try change the USB cable.

Hi. Let me ask you one thing. Does your phone is recognized by your laptop or your computer and you can see your phone in device manager?
I had the same issue with a Xiaomi MI4c and the problem was fixed with JTAG flashing. Was a software issue, not hardware.

Actually I really dunno what was it. Because now I use the same USB cable and the charge time got back to around 1 hour. And yes my phone it is recognized by the computer. Now I use weekly 7.9.14 eu rom. Maybe was a software problem

Maybe. I suspect the cable after all. I will buy and use a new cable and come back with the result.