Invalid [CLOSED] I can't install any version on MI 8 SE with TWRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekwass

Members
Oct 11, 2021
I recently wanted to install a new version on my Mi 8 SE. It is currently on MIUI 10.3 but I was never able to automatically check for updates.

So I decided to do it with TWRP, I followed this guide but at the step 5 I started running into problems...

When I type 'fastboot devices' I get this
fastboot_devices.PNG
and my phone forces me to shut it down.

I have drivers up to date and I did not find any solutions to my problem.

If you could help me...

Last edited:
Hello, thank you for your reply,

I tried the 3 possibilities, none of them worked, I tried another USB cable, I am using USB 2.0 ports, and I can't install the drivers on my device.

Following your guide, at the 3rd step, my phone asks to be shutdown and that each time I plug it in.

you can try with https://www.iobit.com/es/driver-booster-free.php# it´s in spanish but you can update the drivers (update usb drivers and pci drivers) or maybe you can try with execute the command line with https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/ utillity includes al thath you need the command to install twrp is :

ADB DEVICES(ENTER)
FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY (TWRP FILE .IMG IN)(ENTER)

***I recommend use minimal adb and faboot to execute it***

-if dont works maybe you need go to driver manager or device manager and search the adb device maybe apears as ACER ADB COMPOSITE uninstall it NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE then in the windows to select ACTION and then SEARCH HARDWARE CHANGE

NOTE: Try it untill works or the phone apears as ADB COMPOSITE OR LE ADB COMPOSITE

****Verify that the developer options OEM UNLOCK and the USB Depuration- DEBUG is On if you come back to MIUI ORIGINAL ROM maybe you has LOCK the BOOTLOADER while you install it with the Utillity****

*SO WORKS WITH USB TRANSFER TROUBLE*

you can try with https://www.iobit.com/es/driver-booster-free.php# it´s in spanish but you can update the drivers (update usb drivers and pci drivers) or maybe you can try with execute the command line with https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/ utillity includes al thath you need the command to install twrp is :

ADB DEVICES(ENTER)
FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY (TWRP FILE .IMG IN)(ENTER)

***I recommend use minimal adb and faboot to execute it***

-if dont works maybe you need go to driver manager or device manager and search the adb device maybe apears as ACER ADB COMPOSITE uninstall it NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE then in the windows to select ACTION and then SEARCH HARDWARE CHANGE

NOTE: Try it untill works or the phone apears as ADB COMPOSITE OR LE ADB COMPOSITE

****Verify that the developer options OEM UNLOCK and the USB Depuration- DEBUG is On if you come back to MIUI ORIGINAL ROM maybe you has LOCK the BOOTLOADER while you install it with the Utillity****

*SO WORKS WITH USB TRANSFER TROUBLE*
Hello,

First of all thank you for your answer. Unfortunately nothing has worked.

All my drivers are up to date (I tried the spanish driver-booster), and I also have the correct TWRP version (this one).

Adb devices gave me this
adb.PNG

I uninstalled my driver and reinstalled it this is what I have
device_manager.PNG

The USB DEBUG is Active. And my device is unlocked.

where is your problem? copy the rom to your phone, reboot into twrp and install it. fastboot is only working if you are in fastboot mode.

Maybe move the platform-tools folder to a location without spaces.
Like C:/adb

Hello,

After around 20 computer reboot, and 50 phone reboots my phone is finally detected
finally.PNG

Now, I cannot install with the command fastboot boot twrp.img.
lots_of_bugs.PNG

Sometimes if fails, sometime it does nothing, and the last case scenario, I have "downloading 'boot.img'..." and it does not do anything.

TWRP.img is correctly in the folder "D:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and named twrp.img
twrp_folder.PNG

@Rekwass: Uninstall your "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" (using "unins000.exe", visible on your last picture) then install the latest ADB and Fastboot programs by installing this setup: Tiny_ADB_&_Fastboot_v1.4.0-signed.exe

Use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" then, if the command worked, hold " Volume + " and " Power " buttons of your phone simultaneously (until you see the TWRP splashscreen).

;)

Reactions: Rekwass
Check this:

But the PC must be 64 bits windows
If you install MiFlash, the drivers install it too.
If you install, unlock software, the correct drivers install too
With both soft. , you can install TWRP

Atger that, you can try this process:

This model have trick

Last edited:
@Rekwass: Uninstall your "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" (using "unins000.exe", visible on your last picture) then install the latest ADB and Fastboot programs by installing this setup: Tiny_ADB_&_Fastboot_v1.4.0-signed.exe

Use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" then, if the command worked, hold " Volume + " and " Power " buttons of your phone simultaneously (until you see the TWRP splashscreen).

;)
Thank you for your reply,

I uninstalled "Minibal ADB and Fastboot" with unins000.exe and I installed Tiny_ADB_&_Fastboot_v1.4.0-signed.exe.

It still does not work, I have got the following results :
fastboot_send.PNG

Case 1 : After I launched the command my phone went dark with a little white text asking for a reboot.

Case 2 : The command just failed.

Case 3 : The command looped indefinitely.

Check this:

But the PC must be 64 bits windows
If you install MiFlash, the drivers install it too.
If you install, unlock software, the correct drivers install too
With both soft. , you can install TWRP

Atger that, you can try this process:

This model have trick
I have tried this solution too, unfortunately I have the same problem. :confused:

@Rekwass: Do you have USB 2.0 port on your computer or 3.0(+) only? If it's not a defective USB cable, it's something related to your computer. ;)

@Rekwass: Do you have USB 2.0 port on your computer or 3.0(+) only? If it's not a defective USB cable, it's something related to your computer. ;)
I am currently using 2.0 ports, I changed it and still have the same problem.
fastboot_send.PNG

I also changed the USB cable (I have got 3 different 3), none of them have worked.

The 3 cases are the same as before.

Case 1 : forces a reboot. (black screen and white text in top left corner saying "press anything to shutdown"

Following this weird strategy, I managed to get this

1634504232670.png

Unfortunately, my phone has a black screen, maybe it is linked to my TWRP version (that one)

Sirius being the board name of the MI 8 SE
devices_list_stable_roms.png

It worked, we've got some good progress so far.

But another issue has appeared, now that I am on TWRP, I want to install the latest stable release, so I downloaded this ROM (12.5). From here.

And it says "
Zip file is corrupt!
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/rom.zip'
"

EDIT : My bad, the file was indeed corrupted I downloaded it again and it seems to work I'll keep you informed ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.