Invalid Codename Mi9T /K20

joaojacinto

Members
Mar 18, 2016
Hi everybody.
I dont if this is a bug, but there is it.
Hello I just flashed my Mi9T with the Miui 11 and now it's called K20.
For me there is no problem because I know they are original same device, but vir the Mi cloud is no longer so. Eventually created a backup of new equipment which left me with 2 equipment.
I know that by editing build.prop o can fix it, but for that o need to root and I don't want to.
Is there any way to get around the situation?
Hug to everyone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-07-13-10-04-932_com.miui.cloudbackup.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-07-13-10-04-932_com.miui.cloudbackup.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_2019-10-07-13-15-34-184_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-07-13-15-34-184_com.android.settings.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: CalegariBR
Since we are based on China ROMs, the device names are accordingly from China ROMs.
No point in reporting this as a bug. Many people purchase Chinese Redmi K20 and then use our ROMs, we won't be forcing the "Mi 9T" name on them.

Since we are based on China ROMs, the device names are accordingly from China ROMs.
No point in reporting this as a bug. Many people purchase Chinese Redmi K20 and then use our ROMs, we won't be forcing the "Mi 9T" name on them.
As i saíd, didn't if it was a bug or not, but is there any chance to solve it without rooting?
With a litle rotine?
As is it shown, now i have 2 devices and my account have no more space.
And i think it misses up With Google account. I cant have location and i have the Google drive full since i install this room (but i love it)

Best regards and sorry for my english

As i saíd, didn't if it was a bug or not, but is there any chance to solve it without rooting?
With a litle rotine?
As is it shown, now i have 2 devices and my account have no more space.
And i think it misses up With Google account. I cant have location and i have the Google drive full since i install this room (but i love it)

Best regards and sorry for my english
Without rooting?
YES, you just extract built.prop file via TWRP file exporer and give it names modifications and replace it.
simple!

Last edited: