Contribute translating

Alemancillo

Members
Feb 16, 2020
If I want to contribute translating should I make pull requests to the stable branch or the weekly branch? Or all weekly translation updates get merged to stable after a while?

Weekly branch. We have no choice but to keep a single repository per language, as keeping two of them would demand a lot more work from translators, and some of them are neglecting their translations as it is... we wouldn't want to make it even more of a hassle. And yeah, Stables are mostly based on older Weeklies.

Reactions: Alemancillo
Weekly branch. We have no choice but to keep a single repository per language, as keeping two of them would demand a lot more work from translators, and some of them are neglecting their translations as it is... we wouldn't want to make it even more of a hassle. And yeah, Stables are mostly based on older Weeklies.
Great, thanks! I would like to help translating.
My phone is a MIX 3, and it has some functions not shared with the rest of Xiaomi phones. I've read the translation documentation but I didn't understand how to translate those device specific strings. Thank you.

I mean some strings located, for example, on MiuiSystemUI.apk only appear on perseus, but if I do a pull request on a specific language translation only "main" is available. So I should update the "device" folder and not the "main" one?
You can update main folder if you prefer. It wouldn't matter much. Unused strings are filtered out in build-time, so if we're building Mi MIX 3, they will not be filtered out. That simple.

Reactions: Alemancillo
You can update main folder if you prefer. It wouldn't matter much. Unused strings are filtered out in build-time, so if we're building Mi MIX 3, they will not be filtered out. That simple.

Interesting. As the OP said, I'd like also to contribute in my language. This is going to help me to do correct pull requests.

If I see some typo in the English translation how can I help fixing it?

English can't be touched by translators. What typo are you talking about?
Nothing relevant, just a few incoherences like the one on the screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_191648.jpg
    IMG_20200822_191648.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: phil2kx