CPU overheating instantly when battery connected?

AdrianMiPro

Members
Dec 20, 2021
Hi All

My Mi 9T Pro fell and the screen went black. It is not cracked.

I tried to hold down power and volume down to force a restart and i noticed an intense heat from the back near the camera.

I opened the back of the phone and disconnected the battery as it was getting hotter and hotter. This cooled it down.

However now if i plug the battery in it overheats instantly and the phone will not power on. Is this a battery issue?

I have ordered a replacement battery.

22271171-CB9B-410B-9752-EF0CDA343CA6.jpeg

The Silver encasing is the part that gets so so hot within seconds f the battery being connected.

The phone fell off my desk how on earth could that cause this thing in silver to overheat ???

The Silver encasing is the part that gets so so hot within seconds f the battery being connected.
That's part of the cooling system, certainly it will get hot. Underneath is a bigger copper plate covering the SoC. It's normal to get hot, but it's not normal not to turn on.

The phone fell off my desk how on earth could that cause this thing in silver to overheat ???
Any kind of damage can have impact. You never know what's broken / disconnected from the fall as not all components are visible with naked eyes, there could be tiny but important ones that are broken. If you're lucky, it could be just the battery. Lithium based battery can be formed into any shape in the making, but during use it must maintain its shape for safety, otherwise it can bend and blow up, exploding at the worst.

Reactions: JiaiJ
That's part of the cooling system, certainly it will get hot. Underneath is a bigger copper plate covering the SoC. It's normal to get hot, but it's not normal not to turn on.

Any kind of damage can have impact. You never know what's broken / disconnected from the fall as not all components are visible with naked eyes, there could be tiny but important ones that are broken. If you're lucky, it could be just the battery. Lithium based battery can be formed into any shape in the making, but during use it must maintain its shape for safety, otherwise it can bend and blow up, exploding at the worst.

Thanks, should it got boiling hot within 5 seconds of connecting the battery (not even powering the device on)?

I think my only chance is to send for repair then, new battery does not solve issue the heat appears very fast and screen still will not turn on it stays black

I think my only chance is to send for repair then, new battery does not solve issue the heat appears very fast and screen still will not turn on it stays black
Hi, I have the same problem after my phone was exposed to water, Did you solve your problem?