Current (dec 2016) State Of Redmi 4 Pro Roms?

PieterB

Members
Dec 22, 2016
Hi,

This week I received my Redmi 4 Pro (excellent!), and I want to do a little development (new to Xiaomi) I received unlock permissions; but before I proceed:

It seems there are quit some differences with the other Redmi devices because this one is rather new? Just correct me if I am wrong:
  1. I have to start with update to dev rom 6.1.22 from Xiaomi
  2. Unlock using Mi unlock
  3. Install markw TWRP
Then:
  • is it better to wait a bit till there is a stable 8.1.x ROM?
  • is there a known DEV rom known to work reliable? latest one did't ship due to bugs?
EDIT: I am not able to flash the dev rom - what is (most) the correct way?
  • MIU Update app
  • downloaded_rom : HM4Pro 6.12.22, 6.12.15, 6.11.17
  • with each one of those "couldn't verify update package"
  • OEM unlocking is on

Last edited:
Please check this thread with instructions on how to remove the shop rom:
/community/threads/r4pro-xiaomi-devices-in-general-guide-to-unlock-flash-get-rid-of-fake-roms.36883/

I am not allowed to post URLs yet so please add the url prefix of this forum url

Weekly Dev Roms are very good from here. Same phone on the latest and no issues found.
I did the flash just recently as well and wrote a small guide here indestat.wordpress.com

Hi,

This week I received my Redmi 4 Pro (excellent!), and I want to do a little development (new to Xiaomi) I received unlock permissions; but before I proceed:

It seems there are quit some differences with the other Redmi devices because this one is rather new? Just correct me if I am wrong:
  1. I have to start with update to dev rom 6.1.22 from Xiaomi
  2. Unlock using Mi unlock
  3. Install markw TWRP
Then:
  • is it better to wait a bit till there is a stable 8.1.x ROM?
  • is there a known DEV rom known to work reliable? latest one did't ship due to bugs?
EDIT: I am not able to flash the dev rom - what is (most) the correct way?
  • MIU Update app
  • downloaded_rom : HM4Pro 6.12.22, 6.12.15, 6.11.17
  • with each one of those "couldn't verify update package"
  • OEM unlocking is on

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/who-has-redmi-4-pro-from-gearbest.36365/page-3

Look this video .