Custom Icon Grid On Home Screen

Houtworm

Members
Dec 16, 2017
Dear Xiaomi.eu,

I use your great rom on many devices, i also install it on most of the phones i sell,

One of the best features is the adjustable home screen grid, I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and here this function is missing, I have a 5X6 grid on my Redmi 4 Pro, and my Mix with a much larger screen is limited to the stock 4X6.

It would be wonderfull if this feature could be implented in the Chririon Rom, That way i can fit all most used apps on my primary home screen.

Thanks, Greets

Danny

I got the Evie launcher installed. It's lightweight and allows you to set your own grid size

Thanks for your reply, I found a workaround by installing a 6X7 theme i found on google. I prefer the stock launcher, the grid size is my only problem. other launchers tend to have menus and i dont like menus or folders. Still hoping the great function of adjusting it would be in a future update :)

Dear Xiaomi.eu,

I use your great rom on many devices, i also install it on most of the phones i sell,

One of the best features is the adjustable home screen grid, I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and here this function is missing, I have a 5X6 grid on my Redmi 4 Pro, and my Mix with a much larger screen is limited to the stock 4X6.

It would be wonderfull if this feature could be implented in the Chririon Rom, That way i can fit all most used apps on my primary home screen.

Thanks, Greets

Danny
Hi,

The bug is corrected in this week's ROM, 7.12.21.

I am sorry to inform you that it is not patched in the latest update for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.

Yes it is.. Set default theme and default DPI if you changed it..

Yes, i was wrong, Nothing worked for me but after a factory reset the option appeared.

Still not the grid i was expecting on a 6 inch screen. but Great support and a really fast fix. And that around christmas.

I will still be using the 6x7 theme, but making all roms across all Mi devices sort of the same is great in my opinion.

Thanks for the reactions, And sorry for the false claim.

Dear Xiaomi.eu,

Thanks, Greets

Danny
Same here...I too didnt like default girds.So i always change Theme values on each theme i installs. I change Gird and Icon size values.Here i added codes for "Theme value.xml" Just copy it on "home>Theme_value" module on your themes.Enjoy

Code:
<integer name="config_cell_count_x">5</integer>
<integer name="config_cell_count_y">6</integer>
<dimen name="config_icon_height">54.00000dp</dimen>
<dimen name="config_icon_width">54.00000dp</dimen>
<integer name="config_folder_columns_count">4</integer>
<dimen name="folder_item_horizontal_spacing">8.000000dp</dimen>
<dimen name="folder_preview_top_margin">8.000000dp</dimen>
<dimen name="folder_preview_width">39.00000dp</dimen>
<dimen name="folder_preview_height">39.00000dp</dimen>