Custom kernel for Mi 10 / Pro / Ultra?

fw85-

Members
Oct 6, 2020
Hello,

I've seen that Xiaomi has released kernel sources almost immediately at the launch of each one of the Mi 10 series devices (where the kernel source code seems to be one and the same for all of them, by the looks of it), and some of them have been out for quite a while now.
Yet I can't seem to find any community developer actually building and releasing a custom kernel for them.

Is there some other aspect to this, that I'm missing?
Or is it just simply that perhaps no kernel dev happened to have access to any of those devices, thus not looking into it?

I'm interested in this, as I usually like to tweak various kernel parameters to squeeze every bit of extra performance and/or battery life out of my phone, but the stock Xiaomi kernel seems to be a bit restricted in terms of what it allows to customize.

You can always learn how to make one yourself if you're not satisfied with what's available already.
Nothing other than stock is available, that's the reason behind the questions.

I've always supported community developers for their work as best I could in the past, on my previous devices. If I had the necessary time to learn the android kernel through and through, I would, but sadly I do not.

For the first time of any device I've owned, I couldn't find any development on a custom kernel (here, XDA or anywhere else actually). Or people even mentioning it, for that matter, despite it being out (together with kernel sources) for almost the whole year already.

Which, again, raises the questions - is there something I'm missing? Is it something specific to this line of devices (Mi 10), that makes it difficult/impossible to build a kernel for them? Or is it just merely a matter of there being no kernel developer willing or having enough time to look into it?