Custom recovery for Redwoodin

Xandar

Members
May 24, 2023
Hello, I'm very new to modding phones in general. I have the Poco X5 Pro 5G (Indian version), and I want to install Xiaomi.eu ROM and Magisk on it.

However, I need some sort of custom recovery for that. The only source online for this model is this link https://www.pling.com/p/1993245 , which seems very untrustworthy and doesn't have any reviews.

I don't want to risk installing malware into my recovery, that would be a nightmare.

I checked your link for Xiaomi device custom recoveries and my model is not there.

Can anyone recommend a more trustworthy source for TWRP or (preferably) OrangeFox recovery for my phone?
If not, can someone verify if this is legit, I would the very grateful.

Thanks!

Also, will Xiaomi.EU ROM detect this is the Indian version (redwoodin) and hide the NFC settings?
Thanks again.

Thanks for replying so fast, I hope someone who tried it comes across this post.
TWRP you linked works very well on Poco X5 pro, everything works: flashing, decrypt, detect otg-usb, backup and restore. The only bug I have found in the backups inside TWRP folder in file explorer seems empty, but if you look at it from the recovery you can see the backups and restore them. The recovery is a porting based on Dkpost3 recovery for Lisa (Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE).
About security I can't say anything, I am a simple user.
Edit: the recovery doen't work on last version of Xiaomi.eu for Redwood: 14.02. A specific new version is about to be released in next hours. I will post here the new link.

TWRP you linked works very well on Poco X5 pro, everything works: flashing, decrypt, detect otg-usb, backup and restore. The only bug I have found in the backups inside TWRP folder in file explorer seems empty, but if you look at it from the recovery you can see the backups and restore them. The recovery is a porting based on Dkpost3 recovery for Lisa (Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE).
About security I can't say anything, I am a simple user.
Edit: the recovery doen't work on last version of Xiaomi.eu for Redwood: 14.02. A specific new version is about to be released in next hours. I will post here the new link.
Thanks for the reply.
I wonder why it doesn't work?
Have you maybe tried the PitchBlack recovery from the same link?
Does it work?
Also what's your source for the new version, I don't see anything in the telegram channel it's from?
Sorry for so many questions lol

I wonder why it doesn't work?
Probably you are trying to install it on the last stable version, 14.02. developer has to modify TWRP to be compatible with this last version.

Have you maybe tried the PitchBlack recovery from the same link?
Does it work?
Yes, it works on 14.01 version. It doesn't work on the latest, 14.02 for the same reason as TWRP.
Pitch black doesn't have the TWRP folder bug (invisibility of backups) but I personally prefer TWRP.

Also what's your source for the new version, I don't see anything in the telegram channel it's from?
On Telegram the developer is Devil Noob. Look there for him.
Look for Poco X5 pro updates and Poco X5 pro.

Here is the recovery we were speaking. This update is compatible with latest version of xiaomi.eu for Redwood: 14.02.

#TWRP #Recovery #T #Redwood
TWRP 3.7.0_A13 Unofficial Ported
Updated: 09-06-2023
Device: Poco X5 Pro & RN12Pro SE

▪️ https://devuploads.com/2xc6orob866a
▪️ https://t.me/pocox5proin/568?single

Flashing Guide:
• Unlock Bootloader
• Open Fastboot & Flash Twrp.
( fastboot boot twrp_xxxx.img )
• Reboot & Enjoy

Changelogs:
• Initial android 13 build .
• Build & Tested On Xiaomi.EU 14.0.2 A13 Rom.
• Custom rom support added (Not Tested).

Bugs:
• Vibration & Cpu temperature.
• Upgrade Slot After Flash Rom. Not on miui moded rom.

By @PocoX5ProIN
Follow @PocoX5ProIN
Join @PocoX5ProChat

Reactions: Xandar
Hi. Is there any official TWRP for Xiaomi POCO X5 Pro 5G with code name redwood?
Into "Silvio1953": Your link doesn't seem to work anymore, at least I can't download it...

Hi. Is there any official TWRP for Xiaomi POCO X5 Pro 5G with code name redwood?
Into "Silvio1953": Your link doesn't seem to work anymore, at least I can't download it...
There is no official TWRP (and will likely never be, Team Win seems to be dead), but you can get unofficial TWRP that works well from this Telegram group: https://t.me/redwoodboot
Just join it and use the /notes command to display links for all TWRP versions

Here you will found TWRP for miui Xiaomi.eu 14.03 (and 14.04)
It's a .img file, for the first time install through fastboot, then install in TWRP...... image