Which custom recovery to use for Socrates? (Redmi K60 Pro)

kjellh99

Members
Jul 10, 2023
I have a K60 Pro (socrates) with chinese firmware. I'd like to switch to EU rom, but I'm new to custom recoveries and roms. I'm currently unlocking the bootloader and the youtube tutorial I'm following tells me to download the correct TWRP version and xiaomi.eu rom. The latter is no problem at all and I easily found it on this site. As for TWRP, I couldn't find a version for my device on XDA. I did find this one that's supposedly made by skkk, but I couldn't find any information on a socrates TWRP on either this forum or XDA, so I'm not sure I can trust it. I did find some comments by a trusted member on here saying the TWRP for Socrates is available/updated, so would this (1) be alright to install, or should I (2) look for a different recovery like Orangefox. Or (3) use the MiFlash tool? All other help and advice regarding my little personal project is also appreciated.

Camerado reference a TWRP version that seems to be the same as your link in his thread : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-recovery-list-of-relevant-recovery-in-one-place.57730/

You can also use a fastboot install instead.
Yes thank you, Camerado is the member I was talking about. So I suppose the TWRP version is safe. What will the difference in functionality be if I do a fastboot install instead of TWRP? Are there any disadvantages to either? Can I do OTA updates with either? Apologies if this knowledge is already available in a different thread, I haven't been able to find it.

The only difference in functionality is that OTA require TWRP to work (it does not mean you need it for the first install)

You also need to be cautious with your USB connectivity for fastboot.

Reactions: kjellh99